Pre match (12th cup final of 28)

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, avfcDJ said:

I've had a go at you a few times, but tbh, you're a good egg. 

Cheers chap, as I said, I appreciate the conversations on here, it’s a good bunch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tinker said:

Tough game for us and them, we need to start this game at 100% intensity otherwise we will be caught cold . Best I can see is 1-1 draw . 

Point would be good enough today, put us a nudge clearer the bottom 3 and the GD difference is worth another point. 

I really want the win, as we all do, but a point wouldn’t be a bad result away from home. All I’m asking for is a good performance where work as hard as we did in the last game. 

Football has a funny way of throwing strange things up. Considering we’re brilliant first half and Wolves brilliant late on, watch this one start the first half with Wolves 2-0 up and finish 2-2. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, poitier said:

I've always quite liked Wolves, certainly my favourites out of the other midlands clubs.

I've always quite liked them too, maybe it's partly because they haven't beaten us at Molineux in the top flight since 1978! And that's a run of nine games with six Villa wins and three draws. The 4-1 two seasons ago was nice of them too. 

Edited by robby b

Growing up, Wolves were never a threat to Villa. They were in the league(s) below us and never really threatened to be anywhere near us. There were one or two wolves fans at school, they didn’t often get too involved in the football banter as everyone else supported premiership teams. Not that’s the be all and end all, but they were considered lesser due to their team’s position. 

I always had a soft spot for them as a local lower league side. This has changed somewhat recently and that’s mainly because of their fans reaction to being better than us for the first time in many, many, many years. If it wasn’t for the constant MTG bollocks, and desperate attempts to create a rivalry, I’d have been quite happy seeing Wolves do well. 

It's time Villa fans stopped giving a toss about birmingham city and looked at wolfs game with the same trepidation as arsenal tottenham or manutd liverpool. for me it's the big derby.

for the first time in my lifetime Villa have inspiring competition down the road instead of the david and goliath thing.

If you look back at successful teams they always had strong local rivals. in 80s liverpool and everton. man city used it to fuel their dreams when they struck rich. arsenal always had tottneham snapping at their ankles.

We've never had this. untill nuno took over. that season when they pissed the champ and we flapped it in the play offs hurt so bad, we were compelled to get up off our arses and go see how wolfs did it. eg get on the phone to the agent who was supplying all their class players.

what happen? we got el gazi and he got the crucial goal. wolves doing well is a good thing for villa.

but obviously we really need to get some sort of result today.

they might have a better first 11 so it will need a tactical masterclass.

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

For the last time. We all see the negatives. 
And most see it is realistic to expect around 20 defeats. History tells us that’s normal.

Im not going to start reacting to every defeat but if some enjoy that, fine.

I understand some love to admire the qualities of other teams. I’m not interested in other teams....just like I wasn’t interested when some Posters were telling us Cardiff had all the attributes we lacked.

I think we have many qualities and am more than confident we FINALLY have actual Coaches who are competent and will improve our deficiencies.

Im not concerned that our failings are in any way materially different to those of the rest of our competitors. I think it will all be shown to have been so much fuss about nothing come the end of the season.

Fine, we have different views.

I too believe we will improve.....but my comments were/are based on the here and now....not trying to be harsh, just realisitic.

until we signed Tyrone Mings and Bjorn Engels and what a difference they have made.

I sincerely hope your last line comes true.

UTV

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1