Pre match (12th cup final of 28)

Demitri_C

Not necessarily a must-win but a must-not-lose. Considering how much effort we put into the last two to come away with no points we really can't afford a third loss on the bounce. Wolves are a decent side but have dropped points at home to the likes of Burnley and Southampton so we are very capable of getting at least a point there. It is also three days after they play in the Europa, so that will work to our advantage. We need Jack back for this one as yesterday we had no one to carry the ball and kept inviting pressure on ourselves. 

Obviously best thing would be a win but I'd take a draw at Molineux as long as we beat Newcastle at home on the 25th. We've got Man U, Chelsea and Lesta after that so it's important we take some points before that tough trio of matches. 

Edited by VillaFaninLondon
  • Like 2

Need Grealish back for this. Given Neves and Moutinho aren't the quickest I can see him and McGinn getting some joy in the pocket of space behind them and running at their back 3.

Important not to lose otherwise lots of pressure will be heaped on Newcastle at home which is looking very much like a banana skin fixture to me.

I'll go for 1-1. Think Wolves have already drawn three home games by that scoreline and generally that seems the right sort of score for this game.

Can’t believe they’ve shortened the season by 10 games. Probably to prevent the Liverpool capitulation, so they can finally win the league. 

I’d be happy with a point, but think we can grab all 3. 

Grealish will be fit and firing, and earn an England call up. 

29 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

My side for this match would be:

Heaton

Guilbert (if fit if not Elmohamady *shudders*) Engels Mings (c) Targett

McGinn Nakamba Luiz

Trezeguet Wesley El Ghazi

Bench: Steer, Konsa, Taylor, Lansbury, Grealish, Davis, Jota

I have dropped Grealish because I don’t think his performances this season have been good enough this season. It would send a message to the rest of the team that you can’t just walk back in to the team. Personally, I thought we functioned better as a team, particularly in the first half against Liverpool, without Grealish 

Seriously no Grealish?! I’d have him in about 5 positions as 1st choice.