Pre match (12th cup final of 28)

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Reading on the Wolves forum they seem very, very confident.

They think they are much better than us, but in reality they really aren't. Scraping 7 draws and 2 wins in the Premier League this season. We won 3😁

• Like 1

On 04/11/2019 at 13:57, terrytini said:

Simply not true !

Why do folk persist in posting inaccurate stuff ?

Once in the last 11 seasons you’d have been relegated with 38 points.

In any event we don’t need something out of this, or out of any game against the Top 8 sides.

It will help, of course, as will every game we get something from, but that’s all.

I suspect Dean Smith will tell the players we need something out of every game.

If we take the approach to games like Sheff Utd, whose attitude to games i admire.....we will be ok.

whilst i agree it no good getting depressed after defeats.....we have to aim to win every game, thats is the only way to adopt the right attitude to a game.

reach for the stars and you might touch the moon.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

I suspect Dean Smith will tell the players we need something out of every game.

If we take the approach to games like Sheff Utd, whose attitude to games i admire.....we will be ok.

whilst i agree it no good getting depressed after defeats.....we have to aim to win every game, thats is the only way to adopt the right attitude to a game.

reach for the stars and you might touch the moon.

Couldn’t agree more and I’m sure every fan thinks the same.

Im 100% convinced that’s the attitude of the a Coach and players too.

And we have the quality to do well.

Where some/we differ, without restarting the whole debate, is the relative  importance placed by fans on games against different levels of opposition, and whether or not every game should be viewed as Season defining. The 40 points won’t all come against sides in the lower half, we all know that. We know we will need to get something out of some of the games against top half sides.

But when those come, they come. In the end we don’t have to get something tomorrow. Nor did we have to last week, or the week before.

10-12 Wins 8 Draws, at an average of a point per game. That’ll do. Most of that will be against lower half sides, against whom our record is stacking up fine.

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

They think they are much better than us, but in reality they really aren't. Scraping 7 draws and 2 wins in the Premier League this season. We won 3😁

Indeed.

They are not “ MUCH better” than us at all. And I certainly don’t think they have a better squad overall. But they are a better first team ( ie have achieved more, proven more) than us at present, they are in better form, and they are at Home. 

We are capable of a Win, a point would be a great result, a defeat won’t kill us ( although it will read like it on here if it happens).

• Like 1

Scraping 2 wins and 7 draws also means they have only lost twice this season we may have won 3 but we have lost 6 will be a close  game which we could win if everything comes together.

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Couldn’t agree more and I’m sure every fan thinks the same.

Im 100% convinced that’s the attitude of the a Coach and players too.

And we have the quality to do well.

Where some/we differ, without restarting the whole debate, is the relative  importance placed by fans on games against different levels of opposition, and whether or not every game should be viewed as Season defining. The 40 points won’t all come against sides in the lower half, we all know that. We know we will need to get something out of some of the games against top half sides.

But when those come, they come. In the end we don’t have to get something tomorrow. Nor did we have to last week, or the week before.

10-12 Wins 8 Draws, at an average of a point per game. That’ll do. Most of that will be against lower half sides, against whom our record is stacking up fine.

The important thing is not to get cut adrift.....momentum is so important to maintain.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Ayew of course scored against us and so will Adama.

Ex Villa players just loves to score against us.

Its not about what they want to do.....its about what we want to do.

They will score if you let them......We have to deny them their wishes.

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Indeed.

They are not “ MUCH better” than us at all. And I certainly don’t think they have a better squad overall. But they are a better first team ( ie have achieved more, proven more) than us at present, they are in better form, and they are at Home. 

We are capable of a Win, a point would be a great result, a defeat won’t kill us ( although it will read like it on here if it happens).

The danger is Terry....we can't keep accepting defeat, with mitigating comments.I am one of those who think we will improve, but games do eventually run out, there is no game like the next game to win......if we look at the fixtures its daunting.....we just have to look at the next game and say "we are going to win that".

As you know, i have referred to Sheff Utd a lot lately.....The fighting spirit and will to secure points is most impressive....I make no apologies for doing so.

We have a young side and should have energy to burn.....We have to pick up points or face a major set back.

I think desire and determination is the main thing to cling to....to do so.

We have the skill.....we have to ensure we apply it.

• Like 1

I'd take a point if you'd ask me this morning. But seeing sheffield united top 5 and leicestor destroying arsenal, it's time smith gave us something.

sick of waiting for something to happen this season. not one big scalp. same script every weekend plucky losers im sick of watching it.

I want a dirty win. nothing less.

• Like 1

On 08/11/2019 at 10:17, Robtaylor200 said:

OMG. I have been away for a couple of weeks and just invited my 91yr old mom to Sunday dinner. FFS forgot all about the match. Cant shout cant swear. Cant put her off as she was so pleased when I asked her. Agghhhhhhhhhhhh

Just turn her hearing aid down. Sorted. 👍👍😀

• Like 1

On 04/11/2019 at 17:41, sir_gary_cahill said:

I have dropped Grealish because I don’t think his performances this season have been good enough this season. It would send a message to the rest of the team that you can’t just walk back in to the team. Personally, I thought we functioned better as a team, particularly in the first half against Liverpool, without Grealish 

Lay off the magic mushrooms. They can bring on dangerous hallucinations at which point you should never post on Villatalk. 

Edited by sidcow

On 04/11/2019 at 22:36, MaVilla said:

Drop Grealish?, the Grealish who has played as well as anyone in the league the last few games, scored goals, got assists, up for player of the month, the who scored player of the month?

I could possibly understand it if he was playing badly.......

Teams do not fail to lick their best player when fit, Barcelona don't drop Messi, spurs don't drop kane, Newcastle don't drop.....kebabs on the floor.

Grealish is our Messi and talisman, as well as captain, he would need to be playing consistently badly to even consider dropping tbh.

(Yeah Grealish isn't Messi i know......just an example of important players for a specific team, like Grealish is for us).

Lastly Davis is injured, Jota also isn't ready I don't think, and Taylor on the bench???, Taylor needs to be given a one way ticket somewhere.

On 05/11/2019 at 00:51, zab6359 said:

Anyone that doesn't want to lick Jack is just odd!!

True, Nottingham Forest always lick Lolley don't they! 

• Haha 1