Pre match (12th cup final of 28)

Demitri_C

51 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I have dropped Grealish because I don’t think his performances this season have been good enough this season. It would send a message to the rest of the team that you can’t just walk back in to the team. Personally, I thought we functioned better as a team, particularly in the first half against Liverpool, without Grealish 

Well we all view the game differently.

Love having you here SGC never change. 

• Like 1

Why “shudder” at Elmohamady” he is an experienced international footballer who defends well , crosses well , scored recently and clearly works his b******ks off when given the chance ? Guilbert may be the future but far from the finished article so I think you are overreacting and your comments about Grealish are laughable.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

My side for this match would be:

Heaton

Guilbert (if fit if not Elmohamady *shudders*) Engels Mings (c) Targett

McGinn Nakamba Luiz

Trezeguet Wesley El Ghazi

Bench: Steer, Konsa, Taylor, Lansbury, Grealish, Davis, Jota

I have dropped Grealish because I don’t think his performances this season have been good enough this season. It would send a message to the rest of the team that you can’t just walk back in to the team. Personally, I thought we functioned better as a team, particularly in the first half against Liverpool, without Grealish 

Drop Grealish?, the Grealish who has played as well as anyone in the league the last few games, scored goals, got assists, up for player of the month, the who scored player of the month?

I could possibly understand it if he was playing badly.......

Teams do not fail to lick their best player when fit, Barcelona don't drop Messi, spurs don't drop kane, Newcastle don't drop.....kebabs on the floor.

Grealish is our Messi and talisman, as well as captain, he would need to be playing consistently badly to even consider dropping tbh.

(Yeah Grealish isn't Messi i know......just an example of important players for a specific team, like Grealish is for us).

Lastly Davis is injured, Jota also isn't ready I don't think, and Taylor on the bench???, Taylor needs to be given a one way ticket somewhere.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Drop Grealish?, the Grealish who has played as well as anyone in the league the last few games, scored goals, got assists, up for player of the month, the who scored player of the month?

I could possibly understand it if he was playing badly.......

Teams do not fail to lick their best player when fit, Barcelona don't drop Messi, spurs don't drop kane, Newcastle don't drop.....kebabs on the floor.

Grealish is our Messi and talisman, as well as captain, he would need to be playing consistently badly to even consider dropping tbh.

(Yeah Grealish isn't Messi i know......just an example of important players for a specific team, like Grealish is for us).

Lastly Davis is injured, Jota also isn't ready I don't think, and Taylor on the bench???, Taylor needs to be given a one way ticket somewhere.

Anyone that doesn't want to lick Jack is just odd!!

Edited by zab6359
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Grealish is our stand out player, by miles and miles in my view.

But I can see an argument for keeping the starting line up from the Liverpool game with Jack as Sub. I wouldn’t be surprised either way.

Can't see an argument for doing it or expect it if he is 100%, only missed one game straight back into the side for me provided as I said he is 100% fit.

3 hours ago, smg said:

Why “shudder” at Elmohamady” he is an experienced international footballer who defends well , crosses well , scored recently and clearly works his b******ks off when given the chance ? Guilbert may be the future but far from the finished article so I think you are overreacting and your comments about Grealish are laughable.

Elmohamady is over the hill and just not a Premier League footballer anymore. In my opinion, he should have been let go in the Summer, along with the other experienced pros

• Like 3

14 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

My side for this match would be:

Heaton

Guilbert (if fit if not Elmohamady *shudders*) Engels Mings (c) Targett

McGinn Nakamba Luiz

Trezeguet Wesley El Ghazi

Bench: Steer, Konsa, Taylor, Lansbury, Grealish, Davis, Jota

Sorry SGC, I usually agree with you where others don’t, but have to disagree here. Did you watch the Liverpool game? We worked our socks off but had no one to carry the hall 50 yards up the pitch, hence why we kept giving Liverpool the ball back especially in the 2nd half. That’s one of the reasons they went on to win. With Jack playing we’d have had a much better chance of seeing the game out and getting something.

Also, we will see more of the ball against wolves than against Liverpool. As he is our most creative player, he has to play. Trezeguet deserves to keep his place so I’d have to drop El Ghazi and have him as an impact sub.

Agree about Elmo though. Great pro but Guilbert is just miles better. Hopefully he’s fit to start the game 👍🏻

Also, to add, Grealish’s performances have been brilliant recently. He started the season slowly, sure, but his performances against Norwich and Brighton were top class. He didn’t do as well at the Etihad but still had moments of class. 

He’ll start the game if he’s fit on Sunday, absolutely no doubt.

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Elmohamady is over the hill and just not a Premier League footballer anymore. In my opinion, he should have been let go in the Summer, along with the other experienced pros

In time we will replace players like Elmo and Taylor. We had a lot of new players come in and I think DS didn’t want to change too much too soon. We need proper competition for the wingers and full backs, as well as a new striker to compete with Wesley. I think these will be the targets over the next few transfer windows. If we consolidate this season we should be able to attract higher calibre players than we did in summer 👍🏻

• Like 1

Is Jota even fit, I swear given from memory SGC has some Irish blood (?) he must've had an encounter with Hourihane in the past.:lol:

People might not rate him as a top level prem footballer which is fair enough but aside from SGC I can't believe anyone else would say at this point he's not one of the best 18 footballers at the club.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is Jota even fit, I swear given from memory SGC has some Irish blood (?) he must've had an encounter with Hourihane in the past.:lol:

People might not rate him as a top level prem footballer which is fair enough but aside from SGC I can't believe anyone else would say at this point he's not one of the best 18 footballers at the club.

Davis is injured too

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

2-1 away win. Then AVFC twitter will be dingle free for a while. Unreal the sheer volume of that lot piping up Zzzzzzzz

Villa fans are all over wolves’ Twitter hashtag too. Heard this referred to as the ‘twitter derby’ as those are the only fans who really seem to care. 

for us this game is secondary in importance to the Bratislava game in my opinion this week. 
I have a bad feeling about Sunday to be honest. 

• Like 4