The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

31 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Brexit completely and utterly broke the country.

No, it broke politics, or rather exposed the majority of it as a sham. Uncertainty is now affecting the economy for sure, but Brexit hasn’t broken the country at all. 

20 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

My mate just text me the picture of Dianne Abbott with the caption "for the many, not the shoe" 

:crylaugh:

Gotta give him that one.  

She's gone so far to the left , she hasn't go a right foot anymore.

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is this post for real? You're outraged ('**** pathetic') about a picture that may or may not show someone wearing two left shoes?

Get a sense of proportion. We're discussing who's going to run the country for the next five years FFS. 

Well the picture clearly does show Mrs Abbott wearing two left shoes, since debunked I believe.

Not outraged, but it's pathetic if you are trying to win an election and are the bastion of hope for millions of disillusioned people and you can't even wear a pair of shoes correctly.  It perpetuates the joke she's already become.  

You completely missed the point.

5 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Hard to say which came first. My suspicion is that the social media and speed of news and reporting is a big factor. Transplant it back a few elections and it makes them much worse. The perpetual coverage is harmful

i think this is true .. i've said before I'm not really that interested in politics , but you can't really get away from it these days  ... even our curry night last night we met up by saying " lets not do politics tonight"  , but it was unavoidable in the end as it just overlaps into a lot of topics  and not just because one of the group has just become a father agan :)

Facebook used to be fun where you could make fun of ginger kids  , sneak a look at your mates bird /wife in a bikini from their holiday snaps and post pictures of a mate in a state  on a night out  , now everyone seems to think they are re-writing Mein Kampf or Mao's little red book but having undergone a lobotomy before they pick up the pen .

Political engagement in itself isn't a bad thing , but it lacks as @StefanAVFC would like to say , critical thinking  ... i know i tend to be a bit blasé about a lot of stuff in these threads  , but at leasts its done with thought and not just aimlessly :)

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is this post for real? You're outraged ('**** pathetic') about a picture that may or may not show someone wearing two left shoes?

Get a sense of proportion. We're discussing who's going to run the country for the next five years FFS. 

Isn't that the point? 

She can't put her shoes on but holding a position of great power and responsibility over millions of people, no problem

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

No, it broke politics, or rather exposed the majority of it as a sham. Uncertainty is now affecting the economy for sure, but Brexit hasn’t broken the country at all. 

It's completely and utterly divided everybody. And Gove with his 'we've had enough of experts' shite contributed to it too.

59 minutes ago, MCU said:

Why are Labour voters so abusive to Conservatives? It's despicable and uncalled for. I don't see any other party doing it and I don't see any Tory's being abusive back.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-campaigner-attack-brexit-general-election-bob-thomson-halleby-rotherham-a9217796.html%3famp

Ive also seen Labour voters called traitors, scum, communists, terrorist lovers, Britain haters etc

1 minute ago, penguin said:

Isn't that the point? 

She can't put her shoes on but holding a position of great power and responsibility over millions of people, no problem

It's an extremely shit point, that is an embarrassment for somebody to have made. 

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

Staggering how it is even possible really. Fair enough if you have 2 pairs of shoes that look similar and you end up with one of each but how the hell do you put your right foot in a left foot shoe & not think, Hmm that feels a bit strange

I genuinely think she’s ill. Hopefully after this election she’ll get the once over and (inshallah) the all clear from a doctor.

Then it’ll be fair game again to mock her general bovine stupidity. 

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Well the picture clearly does show Mrs Abbott wearing two left shoes, since debunked I believe.

Not outraged, but it's pathetic if you are trying to win an election and are the bastion of hope for millions of disillusioned people and you can't even wear a pair of shoes correctly.  It perpetuates the joke she's already become.  

You completely missed the point.

image.png

p2_pa-37999391-20180815141610441_web.jpg

image.png

ad_235958068.jpg

DkjsqHZXsAYM3YU.jpg

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

@LakotaDakota I used to value some of the NHS PFIs for work and if you think they were bad under Labour you’d shit your pants at how much worse they’ve got in the last few years.

I don't doubt that for a second & yes i know they were initially introduced under John Major but it seems they were few & far between & a bit of a lets see how this works until Laubour decided they were the way to go. When you think of all the fuss over pay day loan repayments over the past few years it is surprising nobody really seems to care that if a hospital "borrows" 10 million quid they are going to pay 80 million back

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's completely and utterly divided everybody. And Gove with his 'we've had enough of experts' shite contributed to it too.

Yes it’s absolutely been divisive & amplified hugely by modern technology, but is that a surprise? 

People feel very strongly on both sides but it should’ve been settled by the vote i.e. democratically. Where  this issue has differed is the lack of losers consent from within the political elite. They’ve broken the system and are responsible for engineering the subsequent public rancour.  

Had they accepted it and gone along with May’s deal we’d have left last March with the softest of Brexit's. Instead they’ve  played for all the marbles. We’ll see in a few hours how that’s turned out - for everyone. 

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Yes it’s absolutely been divisive & amplified hugely by modern technology, but is that a surprise? 

People feel very strongly on both sides but it should’ve been settled by the vote i.e. democratically. Where  this issue has differed is the lack of losers consent from within the political elite. They’ve broken the system and are responsible for engineering the subsequent public rancour.  

Had they accepted it and gone along with May’s deal we’d have left last March with the softest of Brexit's. Instead they’ve  played for all the marbles. We’ll see in a few hours how that’s turned out - for everyone. 

May's deal wasn't a soft Brexit. You know this and that we you used 'soft Brexit' and May's deal in the same window shows the masterful shifting of the narrative over the past 3.5 years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, penguin said:

I don't think I can bring myself to vote neither party come close to representing me. Plus I live in the safest conservative seat known to man.

Safer than Lichfield? I don't believe it