The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Thanks mate. I'm glad at least one person listened to it!

I found it really challenged a lot of my assumptions about how important poverty and equality are, and I revised a number of beliefs as a result. If you read the show notes on the link, at the bottom he mentions two other shows that are on the same theme and add further to it. I found the Robert Sapolsky one in particular to be really worth a listen.

Not just how important poverty is but also the self-reinforcing aspects of it. Obviously it widens out to talk about scarcity and I found that particularly engaging. I think I've taken quite a lot personally out of it as well as the sociological stuff.

I'll have a gander at the other shows and, I think, look a little more at Sendhil Mullainathan's work, too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

There was no sign of an exit poll at my polling station BTW

They poll the same 150 or so stations, every time, to measure the difference between elections - this tells them the outcome. Nobody polled my station either, but then it was the safe seat of stephen donut doughty. 

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

They poll the same 150 or so stations, every time, to measure the difference between elections - this tells them the outcome. Nobody polled my station either, but then it was the safe seat of stephen donut doughty. 

Ah, makes sense. Mine is safe blue one too

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Even if the result went as expected just to give them a bit of an oh shit moment.

They've been ruining or even ending people's lives for 9 years and the best you can hope for is that they shit themselves for a bit but still ultimately get what they want?
I hope tonight is the end of many of their careers and the party.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

There was no sign of an exit poll at my polling station BTW

Mine had a shifty looking bloke wearing a blue rosette Loitering outside. He tried not to make eye contact with anyone. Not sure what he was there for, unless he was just waiting for friends. 

9 minutes ago, Jareth said:

The job we were asked to quote on was for every  polling stations , hence why we we couldn’t do it ...  I’ve no idea how many were covered in the end though , 

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

The job we were asked to quote on was for every  polling stations , hence why we we couldn’t do it ...  I’ve no idea how many were covered in the end though , 

I've voted at two today, five hours apart and there was nobody at either. 

• Haha 2

Just now, PompeyVillan said:

Early twitter rumblings that Boris Johnson is in serious danger of losing his seat. How hilarious would that be?

It'd ultimately achieve nothing, but it'll show the contempt he and they have for democracy when another MP in a safe seat stands down to allow him to be parachuted in.

The will of the people, indeed.

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Any examples?

On a different note, why are Tory voters such victims?

Your team has been in power for 9 years. It should be easy to be prepared to explain your vote, or be asked questions.

This election is too important.

Different example? Even said he was voting green but because he isn't voting for Corbyn he is a class traitor tory nonce who should lose his job. & Half of these are from arsenal fans. Some of the especially fun ones have been deleted/removed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

Different example? Even said he was voting green but because he isn't voting for Corbyn he is a class traitor tory nonce who should lose his job. & Half of these are from arsenal fans. Some of the especially fun ones have been deleted/removed

And under the Gary Neville one?