The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

Just now, colhint said:

Isn't this the reason the 1872 Secret ballot act was brought in. So no one would face fear, ridicule or financial hardship?

Aha. Nice try. But no.

If you're on a public forum willingly saying 'I voted xyz' then you are willingly sharing. I am not harassing random people, asking for who they voted and demanding why.

• Like 2

To be fair there has been mud thrown from all sides this campaign and it genuinely depresses me that this is what is happening with the leaders of this country. 

Has it ever been this bad before or does it appear worse now we have so much media at our fingertips?

Genuine question 

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Just picking up on this point if I may  , speaking right now 3+ years after the referendum , what rights have you lost ?

Badly phrased. But the act of leaving the EU means I lose my right to freedom of movement across 27 other countries, against my will.

You knew what I meant, but you got me on semantics :) 

1-0 tony

Just now, mrbojangles said:

To be fair there has been mud thrown from all sides this campaign and it genuinely depresses me that this is what is happening with the leaders of this country. 

Has it ever been this bad before or does it appear worse now we have so much media at our fingertips?

Genuine question 

Brexit completely and utterly broke the country.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, MCU said:

I haven't got to explain **** all to you mate. 😂

No, you don't.

If, however, you're going to post something that someone else disagrees with or that someone thinks questionable then, being as it's a politics thread, it's very possible that you'll be questioned about it.

No, you don't have to explain '**** all' to anyone but I'd think you may have wandered in to the wrong room if that's your attitude.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Genuine question 

Americanisation of our politics, its always been there however there's been a decline in positive points regarding both parties and candidates hence the campaign of dont vote for them has overtaken do vote for us

The tories literally have get brexit done and he's not Corbyn

14 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Genuine question 

Hard to say which came first. My suspicion is that the social media and speed of news and reporting is a big factor. Transplant it back a few elections and it makes them much worse. The perpetual coverage is harmful

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MCU said:

Why are Labour voters so abusive to Conservatives?

I don’t have the time right now to give you my full reasoning and cite my sources. But I’ve looked in to this quite deeply and in brief it’s because many tories are selfish arseholes lacking a human soul.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Badly phrased. But the act of leaving the EU means I lose my right to freedom of movement across 27 other countries, against my will.

1-0 tony

smug top gear GIF

tbf , I figured it's what you were referring to  , but I'm not Ronnie Rosenthal  and I wasn't gonna miss that one :)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I don’t have the time right now to give you my full reasoning and cite my sources. But I’ve looked in to this quite deeply and in brief it’s because many tories are selfish arseholes lacking a human soul.

it always used to be all tories  , I'll add you to the wavering list :)

27 minutes ago, Rodders said:

a conservative govt is more likely to have negative effects for labour / non-tory voters than vice versa. 

a tory under a labour govt, might have to pay a few extra quid a month in tax ( i mean literally just a few ), but is generally not going to be concerned by the cuts to the public services, less likely ( note words:  less, not never ) to use public transport, schools, nhs, more likely to have private cover etc

Yep that letting millions of extra people into the country, blitzing the drinking & gambling laws, tuition fees, handing over control of interest rates, Swapping the countries gold reserves for a bag of magic beans, Insane PFI contracts for the NHS that make buying a £500 tv from Brighthouse for 3 grand look like a steal & the whole illegal war thing had no effect on anyone....

Edited by LakotaDakota

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Personally i think voting should be a private affair anyway but with the power of the internet now that of course will never happen

Voting is a 'private affair'. Your vote is between you and the ballot paper unless you choose to disclose it either explicitly or implicitly.

I don't see anyone in the forum who has been forced to tell anyone for whom they vote (though they may feel obliged to).

Getting defensive and prickly when questioned about one's voting choice after having volunteered it is pretty daft.

20 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

1-0 tony

It doesn't really though does it, you can still go wherever you like but you might have to fill in an online form that takes 2 minutes every few years

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I don't care about other people doing it. 

I DO care about people who could potentially run the **** country doing it. 

**** pathetic. 

Is this post for real? You're outraged ('**** pathetic') about a picture that may or may not show someone wearing two left shoes?

Get a sense of proportion. We're discussing who's going to run the country for the next five years FFS. 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is this post for real? You're outraged ('**** pathetic') about a picture that may or may not show someone wearing two left shoes?

Get a sense of proportion. We're discussing who's going to run the country for the next five years FFS. 

Huh? Is this serious?