The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Harsh dude.. 

Pull it in a bit. 😟

He began by swearing at me and being aggressive. I just used info he willingly shared here.

Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Just now, MCU said:

Hmm, this is what I mean.

Anywho, catch you later/tomorrow when the results are in. 

I simply used info you posted in here willingly. 

You started swearing at me.

Also, I'm not a Labour voter.

Ta ra.

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Clearly not. 17k a year and voting Conversative. Says it all.

Oof, one Twitter account obviously backs up your rambles.

I think this is the point, comments like "says it all" do not help. MCU has every right to vote for who they want to (don't want to assume their gender) just the same as you do. People get very defensive over politics and i honestly do not understand it. People will vote for who they want, we will have winners and losers. We will wake up tomorrow and carry on with our lives.

Can we not all agree to get along and hold hands? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Or, rise above it. 

I'm done rising above it.

The country has been **** by the Tories for the last 9 years. They called the ref, causing me to lose my rights overnight.

It isn't 'just' politics.

It's life and death for some people. 

Just now, mrbojangles said:

I think this is the point, comments like "says it all" do not help. MCU has every right to vote for who they want to (don't want to assume their gender) just the same as you do. People get very defensive over politics and i honestly do not understand it. People will vote for who they want, we will have winners and losers. We will wake up tomorrow and carry on with our lives.

Can we not all agree to get along and hold hands? 

If you vote for a party, you should be willing to explain why. Otherwise, what's the point?

The Tories have been in power for 9 years. Somebody voting for them should easily have reasons to do so.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'm done rising above it.

The country has been **** by the Tories for the last 9 years. They called the ref, causing me to lose my rights overnight.

It isn't 'just' politics.

It's life and death for some people. 

Then you're gonna have to go bigger than a football forum designed for a thousand villa fans to spread your message. 

You can't let people who vote against what you believe is wrong to trouble you so much.  There's nothing you can do about their decisions. 

That's the system we live in. 

• Like 2

Just now, lapal_fan said:

Then you're gonna have to go bigger than a football forum designed for a thousand villa fans to spread your message. 

You can't let people who vote against what you believe is wrong to trouble you so much.  There's nothing you can do about their decisions. 

That's the system we live in. 

It's as much their right to vote the way they want, without explaining why, as it is mine, to react however I wish towards them for that.

• Like 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

If you vote for a party, you should be willing to explain why. Otherwise, what's the point?

The Tories have been in power for 9 years. Somebody voting for them should easily have reasons to do so.

I would be very surprised if the swearing comment wasn't tongue in cheek, came across as a joke to me. If it was serious you may have a point but I suspect you have missed the humour 

You shouldn't have to explain anything, vote for who you want for whatever reasons. I have friends who are Labour and Cons, I love and respect them all equally. 

Personally i think voting should be a private affair anyway but with the power of the internet now that of course will never happen

• Like 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

It's as much their right to vote the way they want, without explaining why, as it is mine, to react however I wish towards them for that.

You'll be the one getting warnings though, the way it's going. :( 

16 minutes ago, MCU said:

I don't see any other party doing it and I don't see any Tory's being abusive back

You've cleary never come across a group of Young Conservatives or their country proxy The Young Farmers

You've clearly never listened to this current Prime Minister or many of his MPs. Remember Plebgate and that was an MP to a copper!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Personally i think voting should be a private affair anyway but with the power of the internet now that of course will never happen

Absolutely impossible.

Just now, lapal_fan said:

You'll be the one getting warnings though, the way it's going. :( 

I don't think I broke any guidelines. I responded to his points, using his posts. Anyway, he's gone now so I imagine the thread will move on.

• Like 1

a conservative govt is more likely to have negative effects for labour / non-tory voters than vice versa. 

a tory under a labour govt, might have to pay a few extra quid a month in tax ( i mean literally just a few ), but is generally not going to be concerned by the cuts to the public services, less likely ( note words:  less, not never ) to use public transport, schools, nhs, more likely to have private cover etc

non-tories under tory govt rely on those services far more in the main. The consequence for public sector workers, and the various provisions, education, justice system, health are just going to be graver. Job security - again, tories with less regulation generally being their philosophy is not going to alleviate anxieties about job security, going after unions, or worker protections. Who knows maybe it is unfounded, but history has suggested if there's a chance to deregulate and make it easier for business owners to dismiss people or pay them less, then the tories are more likely than other parties to do that. There are more issues involved obviously. It's the connected issues, the lack of funding for people with mental health - in the NHS, if you're an immigrant - the tory policy is very hostile and unwelcoming to you. Immigrants are part of people's lives. 

edit - this is broadbrushing I know, with some of the examples. I appreciate some jewish voters will feel they have grounds for anxiety under a labour goverment under Corbyn for example. 

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 2

Just now, bickster said:

You've cleary never come across a group of Young Conservatives or their country proxy The Young Farmers

You've clearly never listened to this current Prime Minister or many of his MPs. Remember Plebgate and that was an MP to a copper!

And his evidence? A single Twitter account, and me, a non-Labour voter. :) 

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Isn't this the reason the 1872 Secret ballot act was brought in. So no one would face fear, ridicule or financial hardship?

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

a conservative govt is more likely to have negative effects for labour / non-tory voters than vice versa. 

a tory under a labour govt, might have to pay a few extra quid a month in tax ( i mean literally just a few ), but is generally not going to be concerned by the cuts to the public services, less likely ( note words:  less, not never ) to use public transport, schools, nhs, more likely to have private cover etc

non-tories under tory govt rely on those services far more in the main. The consequence for public sector workers, and the various provisions, education, justice system, health are just going to be graver. Job security - again, tories with less regulation generally being their philosophy is not going to alleviate anxieties about job security, going after unions, or worker protections. Who knows maybe it is unfounded, but history has suggested if there's a chance to deregulate and make it easier for business owners to dismiss people or pay them less, then the tories are more likely than other parties to do that. There are more issues involved obviously. It's the connected issues, the lack of funding for people with mental health - in the NHS, if you're an immigrant - the tory policy is very hostile and unwelcoming to you. Immigrants are part of people's lives. 

Exactly. people say it's 'just politics' but it isn't.

'We' have been losing for 9 years now and the country continues to go to shit.

And people can't expend the smallest effort to explain why they are voting for them?

Sorry but nah. 

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

They called the ref, causing me to lose my rights overnight.

Just picking up on this point if I may  , speaking right now 3+ years after the referendum , what rights have you lost ?