The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

I'll know whether I'm up all night drinking (and going into work the worse for wear on Friday) or going to bed in a huff but getting a good night's sleep right around 10 PM Thursday I guess.

Not gonna bother staying up all night if it's a Tory landslide, that's for sure.

• Like 1

Undecided whether to stay up and be mad or focus on having a pleasant healthy night in, disconnected from the news and the raging anger of the internet and its echo chamber impact it has on me. Decisions, decisions. I suspect I will choose poorly. With it being December and us wanting to get the Xmas films in, it may be channel hopping between the election news and Love Actually. Where do I want to see Hugh Grant the most? Fantasy land will probably win. I hate feeling so anxious and aggressive. Would much rather try and choice benefit of the doubt positivity... it's just there's so much evidence day after day of corruption, disingenuity and dishonesty it's quite hard.

I'm resigned to another 5 years of shit. 

I will watch for a while until the remaining hope drains out of me, and the inevitable becomes reality.

Then on Friday night I will get thoroughly arseholed and watch Withnail and I to cheer myself up. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Undecided whether to stay up and be mad or focus on having a pleasant healthy night in, disconnected from the news and the raging anger of the internet and its echo chamber impact it has on me. Decisions, decisions. I suspect I will choose poorly. With it being December and us wanting to get the Xmas films in, it may be channel hopping between the election news and Love Actually. Where do I want to see Hugh Grant the most? Fantasy land will probably win. I hate feeling so anxious and aggressive. Would much rather try and choice benefit of the doubt positivity... it's just there's so much evidence day after day of corruption, disingenuity and dishonesty it's quite hard.

You gotta use VT to vent so you can be cool in real life. Just got to smile n wave at the real folks around you.

Be cool.

I’ve booked Friday as leave. What a nerd. Is it nerd or geek? There’s gonna be one tory that’ll get booted out, just celebrate that one, accentuate the positive!

I will be having some form of alnighter on Thursday/Friday as I tend to do. If not then up at stupid time. The result for me is done, the entertainment will be in in the losers of seats. My hope is mainly for Farage to die on his arse again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

The Conservatives are expected to win 5 seats in Wales. 

Let’s wait and see...

I’ve seen some prediction maps that have not raised my spirits. I’m rationalising it to myself with an internal dialogue about the long game.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

From Twitter:

ELcBzpTX0AIXTE6?format=jpg&name=medium

I love this poster! Please share this Conservative election material as widely as you can; I hope we can spread their message far and wide.

Actually this quite frankly worries me. Speaking as someone who rents and has a rather good relationship with my landlord (who only owns this house - it was his mothers which he was paying a second mortgage on before she went into a home). If he decides to sell, I'm homeless

So whilst it sounds great on the surface it might completely f*** me up!

• Sad 1