The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

I often wonder how different everything would be had we not had that stupid f**king referendum. We'd still be in Cameron's 2nd term as leader, having not experienced any other election, since 2015. What a comparative bliss that would be, I mean still under a tory government, but presumably one that bit less shit than the shitstorm that is coming. Would social media have spiralled in the same way? No Trump either? Or would it all have inevitably descended into some other cesspit?

Is there any way it's recoverable? I just don't think so. When technology and social media renders truth irrelevant, with no fact checking scratching a dent in people's views, investigative journalism is dead. Accountability is dead. 

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Under strict instructions not to say anything stupid in the last 24 hours and this is probably the best way to do. 

He hasnt even got to stay out of trouble for 24 hours. 12.30 tonight and then election reporting stops. They should send him to his room.

I have to admit the phrase 'hiding in a fridge' is rather more dramatic than the reality of the video. It does go to show the lengths he will go to to avoid scrutiny, though, and people should reflect on whether that tells them anything about how the next 5 years look set to go (beginning with the Brexit deal he appears to want to ram through Parliament on the Saturday before Christmas). 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

The same yougov poll predicted a hung parliament in 2017.

I don't know if they have factored in the large amount of new voter registrations, most of them young, but I don't think this poll will be far out. My heart says a hung parliament, my head says a 20+ seat Tory majority.

From what I've seen the bulk of the new registrations were in Labour / Urban areas, rather than equally spread across the country so are unlikely to have that big an impact.  

I agree with your thoughts - still a small Tory majority most likely but can hope that for once I can wake up post election to something not terrible having happened. 

Matt Hancock looks like the bloke at work that no one likes and no one talks to... unless they have to. A little bit odd and doesn't quite fit in. The sort of person that was desperate to be a prefect at school because he might get some friends

One suspects he'll be requiring chemical castration at some point

• Like 2
  • Haha 1