January Transfers 2019/20

sne

7 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

As posted in the Reina thread:

There’s an ‘exception’ to that rule which allows an extra transfer if it’s a goalkeeper. It needs to be agreed by a board of some sort, but this could probably be granted for us, considering our first and second choice keepers are injured.

The 2 loans only applies to loans between PL clubs.

• Like 1

Every window I think it'll be different, but every time the club is criticised for not getting in the best [insert position here] within a week for ££. Do you really think its that easy? 

Of course targets have been identified, but they all rely on agents, clubs, other players - the whole merry-go-round. We will do our business, but inevitably it is complicated. Having urgent needs makes it harder, not easier. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, rubberman said:

Every window I think it'll be different, but every time the club is criticised for not getting in the best [insert position here] within a week for ££. Do you really think its that easy? 

Of course targets have been identified, but they all rely on agents, clubs, other players - the whole merry-go-round. We will do our business, but inevitably it is complicated. Having urgent needs makes it harder, not easier. 

And it’s the same at every club.

40 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It’s very easy to attract good players when you are European champions and 15 points clear at the top of the league, a little tougher when you are pitching a relegation battle and only a handful of wins in the season.

Even easier when they have a release clause in contract 

50 minutes ago, guyavfc said:

Anyone know how many loans we’re allowed?

Four per season but only two at any one time with the exception of a goalkeeper if it can be proven that injuries have created a need.

Yes, I see the dilemma here:

Option 1. Sign shit player on day 1

Option 2. Try to sign better player who fits into overall plans for club on day 20, who we cannot sign earlier because, reasons.

I like option 2. How about you?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I agree. But as long as we can sort the situation before the window closes I think we’ll be ok. 

though we need to rush a striker in right now and two to three is possible before the window closes, maybe, just maybe it's worth taking the full window to maybe reflect on what is actually out there. We know were desperate, yet it maybe it's worth carrying on a little longer like this and taking this whole window in order to bring the right guys in for the job, if we rush this we could be in bother all over again. If we can gain some points off of the games in January all while taking the full window to fully explore as many strikers, a keeper, more midfielders and wingers, so long as the do it right, take our time it won't be a window wasted.

If we jump right in there now and sign whatever Tom, dick and Harry we can and act as desperate as we look at the moment, I'm confident that this transfer window will be a bad window for us  Sometimes you may have to sacrifice in order to get it right in the long run, this is looking like one of those times to me.

It would be easy to bring in Benteke, Murray, Assombalonga and so on, however if we wait longer and be patient maybe there prices will drop or it maybe that someone else becomes available through this window.

It's easy to go into a whore house and straight away pick from a selection  However if you wait you soon see that the best are took, yet being patient can then have you picking from the best yourself getting the better service, the only thing you waste is your time and the pleasure that goes with it. In our case though what we're wasting is time and possible points, yet maybe a months worth of games and waiting patiently may yield some positive results all while we find the right men to fit in this squad. 

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Four per season but only two at any one time with the exception of a goalkeeper if it can be proven that injuries have created a need.

Only from PL and English teams. Foreign loans don't count 

52 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

though we need to rush a striker in right now and two to three is possible before the window closes, maybe, just maybe it's worth taking the full window to maybe reflect on what is actually out there. We know were desperate, yet it maybe it's worth carrying on a little longer like this and taking this whole window in order to bring the right guys in for the job, if we rush this we could be in bother all over again. If we can gain some points off of the games in January all while taking the full window to fully explore as many strikers, a keeper, more midfielders and wingers, so long as the do it right, take our time it won't be a window wasted.

If we jump right in there now and sign whatever Tom, dick and Harry we can and act as desperate as we look at the moment, I'm confident that this transfer window will be a bad window for us  Sometimes you may have to sacrifice in order to get it right in the long run, this is looking like one of those times to me.

It would be easy to bring in Benteke, Murray, Assombalonga and so on, however if we wait longer and be patient maybe there prices will drop or it maybe that someone else becomes available through this window.

It's easy to go into a whore house and straight away pick from a selection  However if you wait you soon see that the best are took, yet being patient can then have you picking from the best yourself getting the better service, the only thing you waste is your time and the pleasure that goes with it. In our case though what we're wasting is time and possible points, yet maybe a months worth of games and waiting patiently may yield some positive results all while we find the right men to fit in this squad. 

You seem to know your stuff about whorehouses. Let me get this straight though....You can get a pick from a selection straight away, or you can hang around for something better however your going to get pissed off waiting around in the end. And she/he is going to be minging because everyones after the same(urghh...not for me). How many you been to?? You could try the internet. I've over heard conversations before B) where it's been mentioned that you can arrange this sort of thing online also? Pick who you want as it were?? Just a thought?!

• Haha 1

A 'loan' between domestic clubs is technically called a 'temporary transfer', a loan between us and club from the continent would be called a 'sub-loan', not sure why there's a distinction, nevertheless, we're only allowed two of either at the same time, so if Reina signs we're not allowed any more loans, whether they be from another club in the UK or from a club overseas. In exceptional circumstances 'the Board' may allow a loan of a goalkeeper in addition to two other loans... but our circumstances aren't exceptional, we might not rate Nyland but we still have him fit, plus Kalinic, Sarkic, and Steer to return in a couple of months, plus we're in a transfer window, and have a loan left and can buy a goalkeeper if we so wish... exceptional circumstances are when you have no fit goalkeeper and have no other means of bringing one in other than via an emergency loan.

Premier league publications (page 220)

Guidance
For the avoidance of doubt, no Club that already has two Temporary Transfers registered at the same
time may be permitted to register a further player whose permanent registration is held by a Club on a
‘sub-loan’. That is to say, if a player is loaned by a club based overseas (or to which Rules V.5 to V.7 do not
otherwise apply), that player cannot then be ‘sub-loaned’ by the overseas club to another Club where
that Club already has two Temporary Transfers registered at that time.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

You seem to know your stuff about whorehouses. Let me get this straight though....You can get a pick from a selection straight away, or you can hang around for something better however your going to get pissed off waiting around in the end. And she/he is going to be minging because everyones after the same(urghh...not for me). How many you been to?? You could try the internet. I've over heard conversations before B) where it's been mentioned that you can arrange this sort of thing online also? Pick who you want as it were?? Just a thought?!

I thought it'd get someones attention hahaa, However sorry to disappoint, i have no experience of any of that, apart from being door security at a massage parlour which in theory is still similar, just extra benefits ie more types of services lol. See the ladies where I worked always showered after each client making sure that quality remained tip top shape 😉.

There are plenty of sites for that sort of thing yes, I once asked that same question to some of the ladies clients and asked why they don't do it from home, a few simple answers of the (wife would not agree) or (it's the whole experience of being here) and even (that face to face selection is a must) and more reasons. It seems for alot of people that they just enjoyed sourcing out a good night of drink, drugs and company in a place like that because the enviroment is so welcoming and for many once they are there addicting.

so Yes you did see people waiting like what I tried initially saying lol.

Does this mean that we are waiting till near the end of the window and not being forced I to quick signings. I know some of you do not like the Birmingham mail.

What Smith has said:

We’d like to get some deals done pretty sharpish but we know the market in January drags out a little bit. The prices get lower and lower towards the end of the month.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-receive-arsenal-transfer-17548977

31 minutes ago, useless said:

That is to say, if Reina is loaned by Milan based overseas (or to which Rules V.5 to V.7 do not
otherwise apply), Reina cannot then be ‘sub-loaned’ by Milan to another Club where
that Club already has two Temporary Transfers registered at that time.

Reina is not at Milan on loan. That's how the rule reads to me when you insert player name and club. It reads that if Reina was loaned by Milan they can't sub-loan him to us?

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Thanks 1

Not related to any transfer news of ours just some Man Utd news regarding Jack Grealish.

Manchester United have reportedly placed midfielders Jack Grealish, James Maddison and Donny van de Beek on their transfer shortlist ahead of next summer.

http://thepeoplesperson.com/2020/01/11/manchester-united-draw-up-three-man-midfielder-transfer-shortlist-ahead-of-summer-window-report-211249/

• Haha 3