January Transfers 2019/20

sne

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Id seriously give the spot to none other than our Indiana Vasilev if We can't find anyone. He could save us a chunk of cash, gives the lad experience and you never know he may bag some goals and be fantastic as he's been since he swapped in the u23s.

We also hopefully have Louie Barry coming. Although almost certainly he will be considered as a player to develop and not to go straight into the first team

1 minute ago, John said:

He can sign him again then and get his cash back by selling Vardy to us!😂

I would prefer  you know I can't spell it........he's younger.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

We also hopefully have Louie Barry coming. Although almost certainly he will be considered as a player to develop and not to go straight into the first team

I think the physical side of the game, has become more prominent and less space to avoid it.

16/17 year olds like Francis and Shaw, would struggle today.....they had space as a pre requisite in those days

26 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Only 2 loans in the squad at any one time. 

Unless I’ve misunderstood the PL press releases on this, limits only apply to loan players from English leagues. So we could loan Drinkwater + Benteke + Reina (for example), but not Drinkwater + Benteke + Batshuayi.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

Yeah, thats true.....but some of the criticism was justified.

But his form is transformed......that happens.

He is playing with so much confidence now.

I think it was unfair critism considering the way our defence and midfimed was, Hutton and taylor should of kopped for most of it. poor chester was playing poorly also although that was understandable given his injury. Hourihane, Whelan was also playing poor midfield along with Bjarnason, basically we had much worse players not getting any heat and Nyland had all there's.

So much was going on with our team at the time Nyland was made a scapegoat, don't get me wrong Nyland made an error a game but didn't deserve the abuse and heat he got, it was disgusting.

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

Dave he would have to be phenomenal to do that.......Like Francis and Little in their youth.

He has just started out.....I think its a tough call.

Well as it stands he's the only one banging in goals lol, yes at a lower standard but he is banging them in.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

I think it was unfair critism considering the way our defence and midfimed was, Hutton and taylor should of kopped for most of it. poor chester was playing poorly also although that was understandable given his injury. Hourihane, Whelan was also playing poor midfield along with Bjarnason, basically we had much worse players not getting any heat and Nyland had all there's.

So much was going on with our team at the time Nyland was made a scapegoat, don't get me wrong Nyland made an error a game but didn't deserve the abuse and heat he got, it was disgusting.

well hindsight is an exact science.

I don't disagree.....but players do find form and make us all look stupid......quite frankly, I love it when I get it wrong and have to eat humble pie.....because it means we have a player.

Look at Jack, falling over when a butterfly went past......Look at him now a phenomenal player with a consistency to die for....such awareness and on top of the game as a whole.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Unless I’ve misunderstood the PL press releases on this, limits only apply to loan players from English leagues. So we could loan Drinkwater + Benteke + Reina (for example), but not Drinkwater + Benteke + Batshuayi.

I believe it’s 2 from England and 2 from abroad. I’m not sure how many in the matchday squad. 

7 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

get them both in and give them a run Barry as no2, Vasilev no1, who knows unless we try them both we won't find out.

We either fork out a good price for a striker who hits the ground running or it will be a couple of the following: Benteke, Murray, Assombalonga, Rodriguez, no matter which one they all will take there time to adapt I think.

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am pretty disappointed as to why we still haven't gotten a striker on board. Just poor scouting, poor planning and poor execution. 

How is it any of those? Transfers aren't like clicking fingers there's a lot to do

• Like 3