January Transfers 2019/20

sne

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Do they really get lower towards the end of the window? Surely this is when prices go up as clubs know you're desperate to bring someone in, plus they will want time to bring replacements in themselves.

I think it can work both ways depending on a number of factors. However our situation as far as strikers are concerned is hardly a secret. Let’s hope Suso and co are shrewd negotiators. 

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Do they really get lower towards the end of the window? Surely this is when prices go up as clubs know you're desperate to bring someone in, plus they will want time to bring replacements in themselves.

While your right, clubs then pull out of the races to sign players and clubs are also even more desperate to sell because there arnt as many clubs after there players, so I can see why prices may fall.

https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie-A/Milan/10-01-2020/milan-via-anche-reina-vice-gigio-prestito-all-aston-villa-3502574112596.shtml

Looks like Reina is done, in there it says he's on his way to Villa after two years as a 'luxury substitute' for Donnarumma

Edited by romavillan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Awol said:

What I expected: more chat about Benteke.

What I got: advice on best-practice for brothel use. 

And there’s still 20 days to go! 

People aim to please, tell them your desire like fish fingers for example.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's 100% wrong, saying it isn't won't make it right.

You said "It’s very easy to attract good players when you are European champions and 15 points clear at the top of the league, a little tougher when you are pitching a relegation battle and only a handful of wins in the season." 

This makes no sense cause we are not looking at the same players. There are an absolute **** ridiculous amount of talented strikers willing to come into the PL, not only for their career, but we can offer more money than any league in the world bar a few top teams here and there, and even then we are not looking at the same players. The fact that we still have not landed a striker and we are starting matches without a striker is just mismanagement from our recruitment department whatever way you wish to look at it. This should have been first on the agenda and made an urgent DD from August on. Shit Villatalk even started a new striker thread already at that point. Everyone knew it was needed. Except those that matters it seems. 

Yes you’ve changed my mind. You obviously know better than professional football management staff about how easy it is to buy a good striker in our position. I suggest you get your CV over to club ASAP, it sounds like you could really make a difference there. 

• Haha 3

Lets be fair. You are talking about one of the biggest football clubs in the professional football world, relatively speaking. We have more money than almost any team in any other league in the world. You don't have to work in professional football management to understand it's fairly easy to get in a striker. The question is whether it's the right striker and that's where we need to have a scouting department, which I have to assume we have. I like your argumentative technique though. Always a winner to ridicule. But tbf I pulled the same shit on DDID last night, so glass houses and all that. 

But lets just disagree, couldn't give a shit. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Well, I question the bit about one of the biggest football clubs in the world - it feels like we are quite tiny at the moment. But regrettably there is a precedent for the “all useless” bit. Ref Aston Villa 2013-2017.

I meant in terms of backroom and support staff, which I would reckon still holds true. 

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

There are an absolute **** ridiculous amount of talented strikers willing to come into the PL, not only for their career, but we can offer more money than any league in the world 

Really, that's excellent news. If there really is a **** ridiculous amount of talented strikers willing to come, perhaps you could  name a few who would fit our club, be affordable, fit into the wage structure and be willing to join us and would guarantee the goals we need?

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Lets be fair. You are talking about one of the biggest football clubs in the professional football world, relatively speaking. We have more money than almost any team in any other league in the world. You don't have to work in professional football management to understand it's fairly easy to get in a striker. The question is whether it's the right striker and that's where we need to have a scouting department, which I have to assume we have. I like your argumentative technique though. Always a winner to ridicule. But tbf I pulled the same shit on DDID last night, so glass houses and all that. 

But lets just disagree, couldn't give a shit. 

We may have players virtually signed on the dotted line but their current club is waiting for a replacement in so won't sanction the move.

Think of it like buying a house, you have no control over the chain above you so you have to wait for completion. It doesn't matter the relative values of the houses in the chain above or houses other people may be buying. You may also get gazumped (Piatek/Spurs). Alternatively, you could rush into getting a different house with no chain and not end up with what you really wanted. (Benteke/Murray/Sturridge)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

All of them are playing without strikers yeah? 

I think pretty much all of them will have gaps that need filling, so not strikers, no, but other positions, yes, absolutely.

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

Really, that's excellent news. If there really is a **** ridiculous amount of talented strikers willing to come, perhaps you could  name a few who would fit our club, be affordable, fit into the wage structure and be willing to join us and would guarantee the goals we need?

I think it's probably wise to ask a professional scout. Sure the resident scout has enough strikers to suggest. It's a weird world if you can't have an opinion about things, and state something is wrong without offering the correct solution. I don't like the Israel/Palestine conflict either, but can't I have an opinion about that either without going to the UN without the right solution? Jog on. 

2 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

I think pretty much all of them will have gaps that need filling, so not strikers, no, but other positions, yes, absolutely.

Show me a single PL club who is playing without a GK, CB, CM or striker and are not getting in a replacement early. I can't think of one, so please tell me. 

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Show me a single PL club who is playing without a GK, CB, CM or striker and are not getting in a replacement early. I can't think of one, so please tell me. 

Football is more complicated and difficult than you realise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think it's probably wise to ask a professional scout. Sure the resident scout has enough strikers to suggest. It's a weird world if you can't have an opinion about things, and state something is wrong without offering the correct solution. I don't like the Israel/Palestine conflict either, but can't I have an opinion about that either without going to the UN without the right solution? Jog on. 

Not wierd at all, im calling you out as you have stated that there are a **** ridiculous amount of strikers willing to come.  Which I think is utter bollocks. 

I asked you to back it up, and you cant so...... therefore you need to accept that your claims and opinion will be challenged.

If it were a professional scout saying that our staff were useless because there were all these great strikers practically falling over themselves to come here, I would indeed ask them, but it's not a professional scout saying it, it is you, so I am asking you.

Clearly you cant answer the question to back up your ranting, so I will treat your posts with the contempt they deserve. 

Jog on yourself good sir.

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Perhaps you should go and ask a professional scout? It seems to be the way to respond to a question 

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Yes you’ve changed my mind. You obviously know better than professional football management staff about how easy it is to buy a good striker in our position. I suggest you get your CV over to club ASAP, it sounds like you could really make a difference there. 

This is what annoys me about VT. A complete intolerance for actual debate. 

This is a prime example of one poster elaborating an argument and then another poster who happens to disagree reverting to a childish rebuttal. Far too often on here, if someone disagrees, out come the classic “you don’t work in the game” or “you are not the Manager”, etc. That doesn’t preclude you from having a view. 

Mods should really crack down on it as it is painful to see. These threads are Discussion Topics, not just a safe place for Happy Clappers. I suggest you engage with that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1