January Transfers 2019/20

sne

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I liked Assombalonga a few years ago and wouldn't have minded us signing him but then he had a bad knee injury from what I remember.  Not followed his career recently though.

Dislocated Knee IIRC 

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Smith's side are said to have joined Champions League semi-finalists Ajax and fellow Premier League rivals Newcastle United in their pursuit for Galatasaray forward Ryan Babel.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-babel-17527991

Wouldn't mind that, was one of few players at Fulham who looked half decent 5 goals in 16 games.

24 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Januzaj is definitely more talented than our existing wing options, but there’s something not right about him. Not sure if he’s the sort of personality we need in a relegation battle.

I get where you're coming from, he also was bad at Sunderland when on loan there and has never scored many goals. But talent-wise he is impressive especially when taking players on and I think in a side that tries to play football like us he would be useful and be a better option than someone like Jota. 

3 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Wouldn't mind that, was one of few players at Fulham who looked half decent 5 goals in 16 games.

I also wouldn't mind Babel, even if he is 33. Has an eye for goal and is still relatively quick and as you say was probably Fulham's best player after Mitrovic last season despite only being there for four months. 

Only a short term solution until the end of the season though. 

24 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

My understanding is that you can only loan one player from each club, so no more loans from Chelsea but can loan from any other prem team

Apparently I was wrong. Premier league clubs are only allowed to have two loans at any time and only one from any club. So that takes Giroud & Batshuayi out of the picture for a loan move to Villa.

- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.

Edited by gurru991
additition
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Is there an actual Januzaj link or are people just joking about it? I always rated him.

He's only a bit part player for Sociedad, fallen behind Portu in the pecking order so might be looking to move.

But no, I think he's only mentioned here for the lol's

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Us having the WBA director in means I'm confident this lad must be worth our time.

Coming back from Barca so soon is odd. Maybe he hasn't settled in Spain.

Or they're flipping him with a buy back or future feed

The turnover at barca yoof level is high, far higher than the breakthrough rate

13 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Is there an actual Januzaj link or are people just joking about it? I always rated him.

Its an old VT joke

The discussion on how many players we can loan, when we had cleverly and were linked to januzaj that discussion got way out of hand 

• Like 4