January Transfers 2019/20

sne

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He was a gnat's bollock under 1 in 2 over the course of 100 games - with the goals relatively spread out over his time with us ffs. 🤣

He scored 42 goals in 3 years which isn't bad. I was making the point, even back then with those goals there was a lot of talk about his attitude and laziness and should be dropped. Since then he has got a lot worse and I bet his attitude is no better either. It would be a big money risk.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yes plays wide in a front 3 but we could do with another option in that area given how frustrating Trez and AEG are.

Grealish and Rebic behind a decent striker would be mouthwatering.

In a world with no FFP stifling us just imagine a window of Rashica & Piatek .... Currently a pipe dream but I do hope these sorts of deals will soon be within our grasp come the summer once we are established in the prem again 🤞🏻... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

4 loans overall is the max AFAIK

4 loans in a season, 2 at any one time.  i.e: Burnley had Drinkwater (counts as 1 of the 4), but he's gone back to Chelsea so they could now sign another 2 loanees (and will have had 3 loans in the season).

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

He scored 42 goals in 3 years which isn't bad. I was making the point, even back then with those goals there was a lot of talk about his attitude and laziness and should be dropped. Since then he has got a lot worse and I bet his attitude is no better either. It would be a big money risk.

I don't remember that at all. I remember him as pretty much the only bright spark in a whole swamp of shit who time and again saved our arses with his goals, which he often had to create out of nothing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, lexicon said:

I don't remember that at all. I remember him as pretty much the only bright spark in a whole swamp of shit who time and again saved our arses with his goals, which he often had to create out of nothing. 

just for fun, open his thread and randomly drop on a few pages.

Now I know this is the internet and everything has to be black or white... all I am saying is for several periods of his time here previously he was not pulling up any trees and the complaints are real. Maybe he'll be as good as before and score 42 more goals between now and 2023...

8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

In a world with no FFP stifling us just imagine a window of Rashica & Piatek .... Currently a pipe dream but I do hope these sorts of deals will soon be within our grasp come the summer once we are established in the prem again 🤞🏻... 

I'd prefer Rashica and Weghorst. They'd be an absolutely amazing strike partnership. Get some good wingers too and we'd be laughing.

I'm unsure about Piatek (as a Milan fan too). 

He's a poacher and decent technically, but he's scored 4 in 18 this season and is playing a lone striker in a 4-3-3 with the wingers not producing many chances for him... which is probably why Milan are 11th :( 

He's like Scott Hogan when things aren't going well.  He doesn't run channels, not great in the air.  He likes to shoot. 

Part of me thinks it would be great and we could see him return to last seasons form, but part of me thinks it wouldn't be ideal for him to come in our predicament.  I'm not sure how much impact he would have.  

Big name though. 

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

just for fun, open his thread and randomly drop on a few pages.

Now I know this is the internet and everything has to be black or white... all I am saying is for several periods of his time here previously he was not pulling up any trees and the complaints are real. Maybe he'll be as good as before and score 42 more goals between now and 2023...

Nah, I'm calling you out on this.

You said that "for a lot of the time he was with us in his prime" that he was "shite".  That's utter, utter bollocks, irrespective of whether some people complained about certain aspects of his game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

I read and article about Piatek before he signed for Milan by the best football journo in Sweden Erik Niva.

He wrote about his time in Poland and how he made extreme improvements after working with a new coach that came in and focused on specific details. In a matter of months he wen't from a squad player in the club and the Polish U21 to captain of Cracovia, the best player in the Polish league and then Genoa and Milan.

Sadly it's behind a paywall now but it was a good read and I don't think Piatek is just a purple patch player. Obviously he won't score for fun like he did in his first couple of months at Genoa, not even Messi has that scoring rate.

Erik Niva, the legend who refuses to ever wear a suit and has no shoulders to speak of. He is a fantastic journo and the only downside he has is that he supports Spurs :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

He's a poacher and decent technically, but he's scored 4 in 18 this season and is playing a lone striker in a 4-3-3 with the wingers not producing many chances for him... which is probably why Milan are 11th :( 

He's like Scott Hogan when things aren't going well.  He doesn't run channels, not great in the air.  He likes to shoot. 

Part of me thinks it would be great and we could see him return to last seasons form, but part of me thing it wouldn't be ideal for him to come in our predicament.  I'm not sure how much impact he would have.  

Big name though. 

He's good in the air though? Two footed, clever, I'd love to see him and Grealish int eh same side!

Not sure how much you can read into this season as Milan are easily the worst Milan I can remember this year. Got problems everywhere. Not sure how much of a leader he is but in our new 3-4-3 with Grealish and someone else creative behind him we would score a hatload I reckon. Be good to watch too. 

Different papers say different things over here from we've asked how much he'd cost, to actually having bid for him. West Ham and Leverkusen also linked. With Ibra arriving and Leao, then he might be on the move to get some first team football.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

Erik Niva, the legend who refuses to ever wear a suit and has no shoulders to speak of. He is a fantastic journo and the only downside he has is that he supports Spurs :D

Also quite the Casanova, Apparently Niva knows how to treat a lady.

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Part of me thinks it would be great and we could see him return to last seasons form, but part of me thing it wouldn't be ideal for him to come in our predicament.  I'm not sure how much impact he would have.  

Big name though. 

Seems to score a fair few headed goals in his time, his movement and finishing seem to be good though - which are things we sorely miss from our front three. 

• Like 1