New forward needed in January?

brummybloke

I would love it if we could get both bowen and grant. I reckon if we send kodjia back with one of them and cover some of his wages we could get them for a steal. Both bowen and Grant look like they could make us so dangerous. Apparently they both need to work on their defensive work rate a bit but since both of them can play up front and out wide it means we could have one of them and el ghazi or trez on the bench and we could change it loads of different ways.

Plus both if them are banging in goals for fun at the minute so at least one of them should be pretty successful in the prem. I'd imagine to sign both of them it might cost 15-20 million plus kodjia and we could loan keinan to Huddersfield as well. Could be a win-win-win situation for us. 

9 hours ago, zab6359 said:

All the indications out of VP are that we are not going to be spending big so I'm readying myself for a 5-10 Mil forward player coming in to support Wes, at that price we can only be looking at a Bowen (10m?) Grant (5m?) or someone from abroad they have been keeping an eye on. I think some fans will be disappointed come 31st Jan.

5mil would get someone less than what Davis offered, probably. I suspect we'll see one or two players come in, maybe loans, but one signing of £15mil odd wouldn't surprise me nor be at odds with what journalists are saying. 

11 hours ago, TRO said:

Edin Dzeko on loan for a season until Wes improves.

would Roma let him go?

Dzeko was linked to a move somewhere on the BBC  a few days ago. Not a bad shout.

Apparently we're in discussions for Benrahma, but also Buendia from Norwich. The fee for Buendia would be considerably more than Benrahma.

In other rumours, we had also lined up the transfer of a CB from Galatasaray who has been very impressive against the likes of Real and PSG. Luyindamas is his name.

That move is off due to a serious injury to the player.

For me the most important move for us this January, is beating our rivals to the signing of Gaitan, we are having discussions but it looks like he's going back to Boca.

14 hours ago, Hornso said:

Being a Villa fan growing up, any chance we've gotten in Bowen's ear about coming here on a free at the end of the season?

I’m fairly sure Bowen isn’t a Villa fan, it’s his dad that is. Though your comment still applies, his dad would surely love him to play in claret and blue. 

24 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’m fairly sure Bowen isn’t a Villa fan, it’s his dad that is. Though your comment still applies, his dad would surely love him to play in claret and blue. 

Tap him up. Gift his dad a season ticket. Although we could get done for tampering or something of the sort. Like Liverpool did with van djik. Personally I suspect Hull would accept an offer of 10 mil + kodjia. It will give them some money to play with plus a proven championship striker who could probably bag 6 or 7 goals from Jan to the end of the season. Would be good for us as well because kodjia is out of contract in the summer and we would be getting something for him. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, zab6359 said:

All the indications out of VP are that we are not going to be spending big so I'm readying myself for a 5-10 Mil forward player coming in to support Wes, at that price we can only be looking at a Bowen (10m?) Grant (5m?) or someone from abroad they have been keeping an eye on. I think some fans will be disappointed come 31st Jan.

I can't be disappointed, until I see them play for us.

reputations, never won anything....so names, before they play are just expectations.

We could have spent 72 mill on Nicholas Pepe.......or 2.75 Mill On John McGinn....different players, but I'm talking about value for money.

The likes of Sheff Utd have spent modestly and achieved a lot so far.....its about the right signings, not necessarily expensive signings.

big money adds big pressure and big pressure can crush folk and derail teams.......I think we have to be really careful.

If you spend £20 mill or more on a player and it doesn't work out its a hell of a responsibility to shoulder.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Dzeko was linked to a move somewhere on the BBC  a few days ago. Not a bad shout.

Apparently we're in discussions for Benrahma, but also Buendia from Norwich. The fee for Buendia would be considerably more than Benrahma.

In other rumours, we had also lined up the transfer of a CB from Galatasaray who has been very impressive against the likes of Real and PSG. Luyindamas is his name.

That move is off due to a serious injury to the player.

For me the most important move for us this January, is beating our rivals to the signing of Gaitan, we are having discussions but it looks like he's going back to Boca.

Buendia and benrahma would be a class double signing :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

**** off with Benteke talk ... guy is a Clumsy cumbersome has been Living off the back of a good 18months period how many seasons ago ... he is now shit move on 

So that's a big fat yeah on Teke?, you were easy to please.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Grant scored 4 in 13 for Huddersfield from February ownwards last season. Two at West Ham and also scored at home to Arsenal. In one of the worst top flight teams ever that's pretty decent.

You know, I’d actually forgot Huddersfield were in the prem :wacko:

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

Tekkers?

Anyone that says Tekkers has not been following his form at Palace or hasn't bothered to check. I'll save you the trouble. 4 goals in last 2 and half seasons in +3300 minutes of football. Palace scored 5th most away PL goals last season so it's not like they don't score either

Edited by Kiwivillan

21 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Which indications? Heard no such thing though most managers dislike the January window. Bowen won't go for less than 20m

12 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Anyone that says Tekkers has not been following his form at Palace or hasn't bothered to check. I'll save you the trouble. 4 goals in last 2 and half seasons in +3300 minutes of football. Palace scored 5th most away PL goals last season so it's not like they don't score either

I know he's been bad since he left Villa. But back on friendly turf, he might have something left in the tank. We could probably get him at a massive discount too.

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

I know he's been bad since he left Villa. But back on friendly turf, he might have something left in the tank. We could probably get him at a massive discount too.

Such what if maybe nonsense. This is the kind of junk signing we made that got us relegated. He doesn't fit the profile of our new board thank goodness

• Like 1