New forward needed in January?

brummybloke

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What about in 12/13? Smith would get him back to that form in my opinion 

Gazza,.... Smith isn't going sign Benteke.

Trust me on that one, although 5 years ago he had the talent.. but now in 2019  he hasn't the correct attitude/personality for one and is absolutely lazy! He  certainly isn't a  Smith type of player to sign!

Also Benteke is on £120k a week now!!

It ain't going to happen mate!! Zero chance..

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, privateer said:

He would? Smith has a machine that will do that?

Something like that one in The Fly where he has two pods, sticks the late twenties, shit, venal, lazy, useless Benteke in one pod and with a couple of zaps of electricity and plasma out springs a seven years younger, fit, hungry, loyal Benteke from the other? 

Yeah, OK. :crylaugh:

Smith has an inane ability to get the best out of players, he has proven it here in the short time that he has been at the club and at the other clubs he has managed. Granted, Benteke would be a big gamble because of his erratic form at Crystal Palace but when he was here, he was terrific

1 hour ago, Gompedyret said:

Admittedly, a Benteke in 2012-2013 form would have made our team fly.

I think you are correct or a Darren Bent of the back end of 2010/11 would have had the same effect. I’m struggling to think of attainable alternatives 

53 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Gazza,.... Smith isn't going sign Benteke.

Trust me on that one, although 5 years ago he had the talent.. but now in 2019  he hasn't the correct attitude/personality for one and is absolutely lazy! He  certainly isn't a  Smith type of player to sign!

Also Benteke is on £120k a week now!!

It ain't going to happen mate!! Zero chance..

Is he really on that much? If so, he’s robbing a living currently, I think our need for a centre forward is obvious though and it should’ve been addressed in the Summer. I’m just throwing his name out there, I don’t know who we could get

On 28/11/2019 at 17:34, screwdriver said:

What Villa need in the Jan transfer window is for Smith and Jesus to deliver what the messiah O'Neil did in 2007.

Getting rid of dead wood Milan Baros and bringing in the legend Big John Carew in a swap deal in the window must be up there alongside Platt, McGrath and McGinn as the greatest bit of business in the history of transfers.

If smith can put in a repeat performance by swapping Kodjia for some european journeyman who's never really found his home but constantly delivered then we will comfortably hit my target of top 10 finish.

There must be some experienced guy out there who can come in and make an impact. As long as his names not mario we will be alright.

Unless his surname is Mandzukic.

• Haha 1

Shame we don't just go get Maupay despite him being at a new team, the way he ran around at us, he'd of fit our squad just right. We do need a smaller little pit bull, who can get all over the place with ease. Tammy had alot of traits that were perfect for us, we just need to find someone that is a mix of Maupay and Tammy and the only one I can suggest is one already suggested which is Morelos. Morelos seems to have what we are so needing and think Maupay would of came away with alot of goals for us. Let's not make the mistake of not signing someone who appears to be better than Maupay, let's fetch the lad in. I do think whoever he goes to Morelos will score a shed load and we will regret every bit of not signing again.

Edited by Dave-R

13 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Is he really on that much? If so, he’s robbing a living currently, I think our need for a centre forward is obvious though and it should’ve been addressed in the Summer. I’m just throwing his name out there, I don’t know who we could get

Top choice for me that's potentially obtainable is Victor Osimhen (Lille)

Very similar striker to Tammy.. In my opinion exactly what we need...  I Really rate Victor a lot!!

Scores goals, brings others into play, Basically a predator!!!

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Personally....

Very similar striker to Tammy.. In my opinion exactly what we need... 

any video footage??

5 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

On  youtube mate ... I don't use that lad as i have free  Wyscout access  :) 

Watched half.

Yeah he looks like a bloodhound, sniffs the player with the ball out to relieve it then goes on some crazy skillfull runs. His goals seem to be from all sections of the box and outside. My only concern is that in that video he always has support close to him, could he actually play in our formation knowing his frontal supporting team mates are on the wings.

Also how much would he cost, be does look every bit of a gem to have and would Lille sell him

33 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Smith has an inane ability to get the best out of players, he has proven it here in the short time that he has been at the club and at the other clubs he has managed. Granted, Benteke would be a big gamble because of his erratic form at Crystal Palace but when he was here, he was terrific

erm i posted 30mins  before you with my reasons why.... you obviously  don't ever listen to what i say do ya @sir_gary_cahill? :D :D 

to clarify you nutter 😜 !!!! No.....Chance amigo UTV

giphy.gif

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Watched half.

Yeah he looks like a bloodhound, sniffs the player with the ball out to relieve it then goes on some crazy skillfull runs. His goals seem to be from all sections of the box and outside. My only concern is that in that video he always has support close to him, could he actually play in our formation knowing his frontal supporting team mates are on the wings.

Also how much would he cost, be does look every bit of a gem to have and would Lille sell him

On my judgement. Excessive viewing of him!!!   is he will do well for us.. £25 to £30mil cost? maybe more?? risk worth taking!!

Can you really question my judgement on players??? . if so why?  

i've never been wrong on here. ever in 13 years as member on VT  :) Reason i'm a a professional  scout just moved to my 4th club (Tranmere) is as i'm never.,  every wrong.

UTV

Edited by Villan4Life

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Very similar striker to Tammy.. In my opinion exactly what we need...  I Really rate Victor a lot!!

Scores goals, brings others into play, Basically a predator!!!

Looks a real talent... But having been signed ... and then sold by Charleroi to Lille he can’t be registered again to another team this season ? No ? 🤷🏻‍♂️

48 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

On my judgement. Excessive viewing of him!!!   is he will do well for us.. £25 to £30mil cost? maybe more?? risk worth taking!!

Can you really question my judgement on players??? . if so why?  

i've never been wrong on here. ever in 13 years as member on VT  :) Reason i'm a a professional  scout just moved to my 4th club (Tranmere) is as i'm never.,  every wrong.

That sounds really practical. 😉

For what it's worth, I'm sold too. Let's go get him!

• Haha 1