New forward needed in January?

brummybloke

11 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

What Villa need in the Jan transfer window is for Smith and Jesus to deliver what the messiah O'Neil did in 2007.

Getting rid of dead wood Milan Baros and bringing in the legend Big John Carew in a swap deal in the window must be up there alongside Platt, McGrath and McGinn as the greatest bit of business in the history of transfers.

If smith can put in a repeat performance by swapping Kodjia for some european journeyman who's never really found his home but constantly delivered then we will comfortably hit my target of top 10 finish.

There must be some experienced guy out there who can come in and make an impact. As long as his names not mario we will be alright.

Swap deal is probably impossible since Kodjia is sitting on an expiring contract and is on such huge wages that only a few clubs outside England could afford him. And they would likely spend their money on better players.

Still think it's a shame we didn't gamble and sold him last month when we had that £7m offer. Understand why we didn't thou.

Seen him linked to Besiktas, but I doubt it'll much money going out way.

4 hours ago, screwdriver said:

What Villa need in the Jan transfer window is for Smith and Jesus to deliver what the messiah O'Neil did in 2007.

Getting rid of dead wood Milan Baros and bringing in the legend Big John Carew in a swap deal in the window must be up there alongside Platt, McGrath and McGinn as the greatest bit of business in the history of transfers.

If smith can put in a repeat performance by swapping Kodjia for some european journeyman who's never really found his home but constantly delivered then we will comfortably hit my target of top 10 finish.

There must be some experienced guy out there who can come in and make an impact. As long as his names not mario we will be alright.

Would take Mandzukic like a shot.....oh wait the Brescia striker you're on about...😉

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

*arrogant cockwomble that's left clubs in the lurch and floundering again and again O'Neill

Fixed

He worked wonders for this club during his time at the helm, I doubt we’ll ever reach those heights again, in my lifetime at least

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He worked wonders for this club during his time at the helm, I doubt we’ll ever reach those heights again, in my lifetime at least

6th place no trophies. Didn't DOL get 6th with less resources. MON has ultimately failed and left teams in disarray repeatedly. 

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

6th place no trophies. Didn't DOL get 6th with less resources. MON has ultimately failed and left teams in disarray repeatedly. 

MON finished 6th 3 times in a row, it’s no mean feat in my opinion. Yes, he had quite a lot of funds at the time but he spent it wisely and got the very best out of the squad that he had

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

MON finished 6th 3 times in a row, it’s no mean feat in my opinion. Yes, he had quite a lot of funds at the time but he spent it wisely and got the very best out of the squad that he had

How far ahead of Arsenal were we in 4th place and he went and bought Heskey?

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Have they actually said that? If so, that’s a given that he’ll leave them

Ye they have said that but I'm guessing that he would be tempted by the Premier League. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

How far ahead of Arsenal were we in 4th place and he went and bought Heskey?

MON worked with Heskey at Leicester, they renewed acquaintances, it started well. I’ll always remember Heskey scoring the winner on his debut away to Portsmouth but he never hit those heights again sadly

10 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Rangers are adamant they won't sell in January

They have actually said, they won't sell him for any price in January. Anyone wanting Morelos is January is going to have to pay a ridiculous amount of money.

He broke a few records last night. First Rangers player to score in 4 consecutive European matches and most goals (13) scored in Europe in a single season by a Scottish club breaking Henrik Larsson's record for Celtic (12).

On 28/11/2019 at 12:37, sne said:

Because he has a bum knee, has scored 4 in 58 and is on £120k/w at palace.

Fair enough, if Benteke was only on 110k per week that maybe we would've took him 😋

Just did the google search on players weekly wage after seeing his, I assumed he would be around 60-80k but 120k is crazy.  If you go through clubs wages by individual (estimated) they are crazy.  On us the largest seems to be Heaton on 42k per week.  I thought Jack was on that or more.  Anyway my point is the randomness of wages that players get, which is obviously down to timing/previous clubs paying them at peak/desperation of clubs but it is rather interesting.  We obviously know easily of the top end like De Gea whose on 350-375k per week and then kids are only 10-20k per week but the middle guys like Benteke earning 120k per week at Palace on the bench is just mind boggling.

29 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Fair enough, if Benteke was only on 110k per week that maybe we would've took him 😋

Just did the google search on players weekly wage after seeing his, I assumed he would be around 60-80k but 120k is crazy.  If you go through clubs wages by individual (estimated) they are crazy.  On us the largest seems to be Heaton on 42k per week.  I thought Jack was on that or more.  Anyway my point is the randomness of wages that players get, which is obviously down to timing/previous clubs paying them at peak/desperation of clubs but it is rather interesting.  We obviously know easily of the top end like De Gea whose on 350-375k per week and then kids are only 10-20k per week but the middle guys like Benteke earning 120k per week at Palace on the bench is just mind boggling.

And that, dear reader, is the primary reason B€n£€k€ isn't worth a **** light, especially to us. He doesn't give a **** because he's always been about the money.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, privateer said:

And that, dear reader, is the primary reason B€n£€k€ isn't worth a **** light, especially to us. He doesn't give a **** because he's always been about the money.

What about in 12/13? Smith would get him back to that form in my opinion 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What about in 12/13? Smith would get him back to that form in my opinion 

He would? Smith has a machine that will do that?

Something like that one in The Fly where he has two pods, sticks the late twenties, shit, venal, lazy, useless Benteke in one pod and with a couple of zaps of electricity and plasma out springs a seven years younger, fit, hungry, loyal Benteke from the other? 

Yeah, OK. :crylaugh:

• Like 1