New forward needed in January?

brummybloke

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

On my judgement. Excessive viewing of him!!!   is he will do well for us.. £25 to £30mil cost? maybe more?? risk worth taking!!

Can you really question my judgement on players??? . if so why?  

i've never been wrong on here. ever in 13 years as member on VT  :) Reason i'm a a professional  scout just moved to my 4th club (Tranmere) is as i'm never.,  every wrong.

UTV

Would you have recommended signing Wesley? Serious question

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Is he really on that much? If so, he’s robbing a living currently, I think our need for a centre forward is obvious though and it should’ve been addressed in the Summer. I’m just throwing his name out there, I don’t know who we could get

You've put forward pre season Sturridge Austin and now Benteke. Troll or terrible judgement and I don't think you're trolling

Edited by Kiwivillan

8 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Would you have recommended signing Wesley? Serious question

No.personally .i wouldn't have recommended him before we signed him!

But i do like him as as a player, i feel he will keep improving for us!!

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

You've put forward pre season Sturridge Austin and now Benteke. Troll or terrible judgement and I don't think you're trolling

I’m struggling to think of names that we could get, my knowledge isn’t what it was, who would you suggest? 

11 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

On  youtube mate ... I don't use that as i have free  Wyscout access  :) 

@sir_gary_cahill check this mate

Looks an exciting player, fast, skilful can finish and hold the ball up. 

The only caveat is some of the defending in that video is truly awful. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Looks an exciting player, fast, skilful can finish and hold the ball up. 

The only caveat is some of the defending in that video is truly awful. 

That is my worry with any ligue 1 signings, the defending is poor it is unbelievable. Depay is unstoppable over there in the prem he was a waste of skin. Same with Pepe as well. I would also be wary of signing players from lille as I suspect similar to Brentford offensive players thrive in their system and may not be able to replicate it elsewhere. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

That is my worry with any ligue 1 signings, the defending is poor it is unbelievable. Depay is unstoppable over there in the prem he was a waste of skin. Same with Pepe as well. I would also be wary of signing players from lille as I suspect similar to Brentford offensive players thrive in their system and may not be able to replicate it elsewhere. 

I'm much more confident of a foreign player that's cut his teeth in the Championship than come straight from some of the European leagues and other leagues

Edited by Kiwivillan

For the first time in a long time, I trust the club to find and recruit the right players. Smith, Suso and Purslow are a good team who have defined objectives for the type of player they want at Villa Park. Their combined knowledge and the data they have at their disposal, far exceeds my own, and that of most fans. 

For that reason, I’m happy to sit back and see what happens. I could suggest players but I don’t really know if they have the right personality, potential or capability to be what we need. I just hope we do sign another striker, whoever that may be. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Yeah I can't see why anyone would want a striker entering his prime that scores 15-20 goals per season...

Let me rephrase that, it would be impossible to shift him without losing heavily on our investment. He costs about 40m right now. If we buy him and he does moderately well as he has at Fulham and Newcastle at this level, but then we replace him with a better player and he rides the bench for a year...we're not getting anywhere near the 40m back when we try to sell him. In other words, he might be worth that to Fulham right now, but he's nowhere near worth that much to us. We don't need him that bad.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

If he played 3 years and scored 50 odd goals i wouldn't care if we swapped him for a £5 wetherspoons gift voucher if we had managed to replace him with someone better for the next season

You wouldn't, but I'm sure the club would feel differently. 

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

You wouldn't, but I'm sure the club would feel differently. 

But we must also look at players value in terms of short middle and long term.

20 million (for example) and he scores 10 plus goals keeping us in premier league is then instantly worth it.

Each place higher up the table gets more money, 30 million and we survive and finish 15th rather than 17th gives another 6 to 8 million.

Having a player like mitrovic ,even coming off the bench is better than kodja who will be off anyway.

He is aggressive rather than passive, we have enough passive players.

3 years he will be 28 still in his prime years

Unfortunately fulham are around the top 6 at the moment so unlikely they will sell now.

• Like 1

Only these players pop my head, we need go to get them before big clubs come for them.

1) Sam Lammers - We should go try get him, as he is will be big future as he was very good players last year in German leagues, and he back to PSV so might worth to get him as he is good all-round forward and can play as link or lone striker to bring us goals, even he can threat long range.

even I can see both (wesley) can well together play 2 forward with him as good balance if we go for 3-4-1-2 or 4-3-1-2, if we play 10 man so 4-3-2 (Smith way) 

Health completive to Wesley and Lammers will learn lots and make him better player if he play Premiership.

2) Mitrovic - I like him high quality and suit our system, but i were want get Maupay first and mitrovic second choice so Maupay is play for Brighton now so we should go get him.

3) Jack Marriott - I was impressive with him last years with Derby, not sure about him suit for us.

4) Gaëtan Laborde - No sure about him but he is idea for our style any know about him and what think about him? 

5) Michael Gregoritsch - Wild Card - I keep heard lots good about him and would mind to get him, watch highlight, and youtube but need see him in full match action to decide to get him

6) Christian Benteke - Can't say no to him as love see him back but not sure if he will ideal possession as he flop all possession team he playing with Ie Liverpool, this reason i not sure if good idea he back to us..

yet it might difference story with cross Targett and Grealish, Guilbert which would benefit him also set piece not have to play short corner as he will goal set piece, and would make man marked double to hold him so mings or Engels, Konsa would chance to add names on score screen. Bonus might Villa is was only his ideal team and will help us, plus national beligum chance only if he accept pay cut to play for us.

Wishlist - Duván Zapata - I know he is right to buy loan at Atalanta BC - I am gut these chance is not gonna happen, as he is ideal for us big time 

Edited by Danny_Villaman84

I don't think we need to blow big money on a "proven PL goalscorer", like we did when we bought Darren Bent. We aren't in the relegation zone. We're scoring goals.

We just need another option up front, preferably a pacier, more technical striker - someone in the Maupay mould would have been good, tbh, but that ship has sailed.

Mitrovic doesn't seem like a Dean Smith player to me. Bit too much of a billy big balls, but would probably do well in this team.