New forward needed in January?

brummybloke

14 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

No brainer for me, although I don’t think he’s an out and out forward that we’re crying out for. I thought Wesley was much better last night, just needs a goal 

I don't get to see the game until I get in tonight so can't comment on Wes.

Bowen played on the wing Sunday after playing a couple of games at CF, only seen the highlights. I think he'd be a great addition to the squad and he's versatile he can come off the bench for Wes or the wingers.

The answer to the question in the thread title remains a big YES!

For relief, versatility and quality reasons.

Davis and Kodjia just isn't good enough and Wesley is still raw and frankly not quite good enough yet to play every minute of every game.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, sne said:

Davis and Kodjia just isn't good enough and Wesley is still raw and frankly not quite good enough yet to play every minute of every game.

‘Quite’. He’s nowhere near good enough. 

I’d take a punt on Bowen and another in Jan. 

• Confused 1

As I said last November in here when he was then at Charlton.Id like us try for Karlan Grant.

Scoring for fun for a very poor Huddersfield side. He’s a good player

Outside shout: Macauley Bonne (Charlton) he has bags of potential and doing well in championship.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

As I said last November in here when he was then at Charlton.Id like us try for Karlan Grant.

Outside shout: Macauley Bonne (Charlton) he has bags of potential and doing well in championship.

Huge step up for both though, would they be able to cope? 

3 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Good shout, I remember him coming in last season to a dreadful Huddersfield team (can't remember if they actually got more points than our 15/16 vintage) and he scored a few goals and looked decent, can remember him cooly scoring against Man. United.

I'd imagine he'd cost less than Bowen, Lolley and certainly Mitrovic.

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Huge step up for both though, would they be able to cope? 

Grant scored 4 in 13 for Huddersfield from February ownwards last season. Two at West Ham and also scored at home to Arsenal. In one of the worst top flight teams ever that's pretty decent.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TRO said:

Edin Dzeko on loan for a season until Wes improves.

would Roma let him go?

Can't see any loans for older players happening I don't think it fits in with the club policy moving forward, could maybe see a younger player with an option to buy though.

14 hours ago, sne said:

All the indications out of VP are that we are not going to be spending big so I'm readying myself for a 5-10 Mil forward player coming in to support Wes, at that price we can only be looking at a Bowen (10m?) Grant (5m?) or someone from abroad they have been keeping an eye on. I think some fans will be disappointed come 31st Jan.