Cameron Archer

Zatman

Akpom to Ajax has been confirmed. Obviously the reports and likely reality is that Archer will prefer a Premier League move, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Boro make even more of a push for him too.

• Like 1

If Archer goes to the Championship then I think only Leeds or Leicester could afford him and I'm not sure about Leeds, for if he goes to that division there's no point in us putting in buy-back clause, which will add significantly to the transfer fee, would probably be talking twenty million or more without buy-back.

With buy-back I think Sheffield United more likely, for around £15m, or maybe a loan to Luton.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Nixon reckons aksing price is 20m with a 50m buy back clause

50m???? Thats ridiculous at most 40m

If true and a big if, it would indicate to me that the club don't think it's very likely they will be wanting to bring him back.

• Like 1

My immediate go to comparison with these buy back deals is the Douglas Luiz one, which I think was buying for 15m and a potential buy back for 25m.

All deals are different but a 20m sale with a 50m buy back seems quite a substantial jump up. Maybe such a deal would also include a sell on fee to act as the additional sweetener for us, as opposed to the option of buying him back.

That’s assuming any of the suggestion is accurate.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

Archer, Ramsey's, Philogene-Bidace, Iroegbunam should be the future core of Aston Villa. Carney was supposed to be one of them too..

It's a shame to sell them off. What's better then players from your own academy? I can't see so many players this good coming through at the same time again in the future.

That's all well and good mate but the current core of Aston Villa is

Kamara, Luiz, McGinn, Ramsey Diaby and Watkins with Youri and Zaniola chomping at the bit.

Who do you drop from there to start blooding young players with potential but unproven?

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

My immediate go to comparison with these buy back deals is the Douglas Luiz one, which I think was buying for 15m and a potential buy back for 25m.

All deals are different but a 20m sale with a 50m buy back seems quite a substantial jump up. Maybe such a deal would also include a sell on fee to act as the additional sweetener for us, as opposed to the option of buying him back.

That’s assuming any of the suggestion is accurate.

I'm trying to work out if it is that big. I think any player we buy to replace Watkins would come in at over 50m these days. That's the only way I see him coming back tbh, if he's good enough to be our starting forward. 

8 minutes ago, momo said:

Archer, Ramsey's, Philogene-Bidace, Iroegbunam should be the future core of Aston Villa. Carney was supposed to be one of them too..

It's a shame to sell them off. What's better then players from your own academy? I can't see so many players this good coming through at the same time again in the future.

That's just not how it works anymore, momo. 

Â