Cameron Archer

Zatman

17 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Still would rather keep him the way injuries are spreading throughout the squad at the moment. New stars can be born from unexpected chances. When they’re one of your own and have the clear potential to score goals and make the right runs then I think you have to allow that chance. 

If anything there's more chance he's sold now.

Watkins, Diaby are our main forwards, Bailey, Zaniolo and McGinn can also slot into that support role. Archer and Duran are 35m+ worth of backups, if we can sell Archer for 15-20m and use that to help fund Mings/Buendia replacements then it should be done.

33 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

If anything there's more chance he's sold now.

Watkins, Diaby are our main forwards, Bailey, Zaniolo and McGinn can also slot into that support role. Archer and Duran are 35m+ worth of backups, if we can sell Archer for 15-20m and use that to help fund Mings/Buendia replacements then it should be done.

That's very sparse if we're wanting to go deep in europe though.

We currently need Diaby out wide so while I do think he will play centrally as the season progresses it's not the right moment currently.

I want to see far more from Duran before I consider him a viable option to actually start games as a CF for us. He's also missed all of pre season injured.

2 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Saw his name trending on twitter-bunch of Leeds fans getting excited over possibly signing him. 

Not sure about that. 

I'd rather send him to do work experience at Tesco for the season than help those words removed out

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Saw his name trending on twitter-bunch of Leeds fans getting excited over possibly signing him. 

Not sure about that. 

Why not ? They have the money and it would be a great move for him personally… We will sell to whoever pays what we believe he is worth and on our terms, be it Leeds or Sheffield Utd or Middlesborough. 

Edited by thabucks

Emery said at press conference that we want to keep his future under our control, as such it's more likely we're going to send him to a Premier League team, either on loan, or a sale with buy-back option.

As no point sending him to Championship on loan, or with buy-back, we already know what he can do at that level, he's not going to suddenly prove himself good enough for us playing another season in that division.

I wouldn't expect a big fee for him if he's sold, us inserting buy-back will put a stop to that, maybe around £15m, might even end up on loan somewhere like Sheffield United

• Like 1

Yeah agree, Premier League loan or sale-with-buyback make the most sense now. I don't like the idea of selling our kids but this appears to be how Monchi wants to approach our FFP issues and it probably is sensible.

Blades makes perfect sense. Assume Zaniolo replaces Archer/Ings in the squad then and we get somebody new to replace Buendia?

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Cameron Archer: prefers to join a Premier League club over Championship. #SheffUtd + #Luton both interested but latter prefers a loan. #AstonVilla considering a sale. Literally every Championship club would take him. https://skysports.com/transfer-centre #AVFC #SUFC #Hatters

Full text from the Transfer Centre:

Sheff Utd, Luton interested in Villa striker Archer

Sheffield United and Luton are interested in Aston Villa striker Cameron Archer.

Villa are open to letting the 21-year-old go and Archer would like to join another Premier League club. 

Luton are understood to have been trying for a loan but Villa would consider selling him, so a move has not progressed so far.

Sheffield United have Archer among a number of striker options as they look to replace Iliman Ndiaye. 

They wanted Chuba Akpom and Malik Tillman but both have gone to the Eredivisie, with Akpom currently in Amsterdam to complete a move to Ajax.

A host of Championship clubs would love to sign Archer, who scored 11 goals on loan at Middlesbrough last season.

1 hour ago, beachboys1 said:

im sorry emery is getting this completly wrong not even giving him a chance i hope are results statr improving strait away saturday

Emery would have been watching him every day day in training towards the end of last year before he went on loan to Middlesbrough in January. Then again since the start of pre season up until now. If Unai has decided he can't contribute to us this season or we can get someone better then I trust his judgement. That's not to say Unai can't make a mistake but he's got way more right than wrong so far both at Villa and in his career in general.

• Like 1

Tricky one really… great to see our youngsters playing and proving themselves in PL but… teams like Luton and Sheff Utd will be mostly under the cosh, scrapping for survival, defending for their lives… how many chances will he get and will the team’s style fit his? 

Whereas, playing for a Championship side challenging for promotion sounds great but… still not competing against PL opposition…

What’s the better move?

3 hours ago, beachboys1 said:

im sorry emery is getting this completly wrong not even giving him a chance i hope are results statr improving strait away saturday

The gaffer sees a hell of a lot more than we do.

• Like 3

Thanks to FFP, selling players like Archer is the best way to generate funds for the club. 

Sadly, whilst a very good player, he's probably not quite ready for where we want to be, yet he's going to want regular football.

I can see him being something of a Dwight Gayle - too good for the Championship but no that effective as a PL striker. 

• Like 1

Â