Cameron Archer

Zatman

3 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I’ll be shocked if he’s not in the squad coke September. 

He's certainly got a fizz about him. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Absolutely. I've thought this myself. 

The most promising prolific striker in the championship. Only three players ended with better minutes per goals than him last season in the championship, and they were all in their prime.

Stewart - Sunderland - 26

Akpom - Boro -  27

Manuel - Burnley - 26

Imagine signing the striker that was just behind them in minutes per goal, that also got more assists than them all , and was 21.

And akpom only did it because Archer was creating so so mcuh space for him. 

• Like 1

Archer was tied for 13th in the championship in goal contributions in just 20 games. 17 in 20. Gyorkes led the league with 33 in 49. Archer blows him out of the water at that rate. Would have been 42. 

• Like 1

He needs to stay in and around the first team and integrate in to the Premier League.

He will learn more, given more minutes, in the first team....has to be given a chance...with UE's touch.

I don't know what more he has to do, to be given a chance......35 goals in 90 games= 2.57

We could be signing players with worse records......sure the quality of defender is higher, but so is the quality of service to him, too.

If he was at another club, we would be happy to sign him.

He has a clinical composure, in front of goal....its rare.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Archer was tied for 13th in the championship in goal contributions in just 20 games. 17 in 20. Gyorkes led the league with 33 in 49. Archer blows him out of the water at that rate. Would have been 42. 

You nearly caught me you little devil. You nearly got exactly what you wanted there. That was a close one

8 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

And akpom only did it because Archer was creating so so mcuh space for him. 

Spending time after games reading the boro forum that's the over riding feeling I got, it wasn't just the goals he was getting it was the way he was leading the line was making akpom a better player

7 hours ago, TRO said:

He needs to stay in and around the first team and integrate in to the Premier League.

He will learn more, given more minutes, in the first team....has to be given a chance...with UE's touch.

I don't know what more he has to do, to be given a chance......35 goals in 90 games= 2.57

We could be signing players with worse records......sure the quality of defender is higher, but so is the quality of service to him, too.

If he was at another club, we would be happy to sign him.

He has a clinical composure, in front of goal....its rare.

Where are you getting 35 goals in 90 games from? It's also always better to do goals or goal contributions per minute, than goals per app.

Edited by Tom13
  • Thanks 1

He scores goals and is quick. I can see him staying around for sure as we'll have some weak ECL games and EFL Cup games for him this side of Christmas. He also has value off the bench as an attacking threat in the PL. If things aren't going as well as we liked he can go on loan in Jan again

Archer and Ramsey could be our future. It’s difficult to give the necessary minutes to youngsters in the premier league, but he just needs that break and early confidence goal for it all to click.

He looks like he could well have enough and his finishing really is becoming exceptional.

• Like 2

He basically assisted that goal as well as the incredible finish. Making more of an impact than someone who was bought for £40m (albeit, played out of position - the U21 manager seems as bad as Southgate).

59 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He scores goals and is quick. I can see him staying around for sure as we'll have some weak ECL games and EFL Cup games for him this side of Christmas. He also has value off the bench as an attacking threat in the PL. If things aren't going as well as we liked he can go on loan in Jan again

I am sure that he is one of the loan players from last season that Emery and his team will be keeping a very close eye on during pre-season.  I wouldn't rule out the other option of giving him another 6 months of regular football and then looking to integrate him into the squad in January.  But whatever happens Archer is definitely doing everything that could be asked of him to either stake his claim for a place in the squad or to be an attractive loan option to a pretty decent team.  That attitude will stand him in good stead whatever Unai decides to do in the short term.

Vital season for him. If Duran gets game time over him then if i was his agent, or him, I would want a move. If we buy another striker who's a ahead of him in the pecking order, then i would want a move.

He needs game time in the prem and I'm not sure we can offer it him with our present stated intentions, champions league. 

Great player though and it's only a matter of time before he makes it at the top, I'm just not sure it will be with us. 

This boy just scores goals no matter the level you put him at, he has to be giving the premier league/ euro conference a fair crack next season, it’s the only logical step up for him. there isn’t a more perfect understudy to Ollie. Over time, a potential replacement. 

essentially Villa’s striker situation is my ideal player set up.. senior player, younger understudy getting ready to replace and the next understudy (Rory Wilson) in the academy. 

3 level Conveyor belt development. Why spend 30-60m on ready made players when you can pay £5m and develop them yourself. 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

To offer offer another cliche, he comes alive in the box. But what is his play like elsewhere? Does he link up well, hold the ball up etc? From the videos (what is a ‘bagsman’ btw?) he looks like a finisher but our system relies on the centre forward being able to do more 

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache
Can’t spell, send help

Â