Cameron Archer

Zatman

We don't know what we're doing 

Sounds like a shit start means Gerrard wants to use the older guys rather than give the youngsters a chance, the annoying thing for me is that he won't see that games like Saturday were dead after the 3rd goal (or before...) so just give him 10 mins, is anyone interested in coutinho coming on in the 73rd minute? 

Unless he's going to be used much more than he has been so far then should be loaned out.

Signing Sarr would have limited his chances even more, because although they don't play the exact same position, we then would have had more players to fit into the front three.

That we tried to sign Sarr in the first place shows it's an area that we feel needs strengthening, so I think there's a good chance that we will sign an alternative to Sarr which again will limit Archer's chances.

To be honest I was suspicious of the big deal the club made of Archer being part of the first team squad this season, the announcement came right after we lost Chukwuemeka, and it felt almost like the club trying to deflect from that.

8 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

If Gerrard is not going to play him, it is probably better for Archer's development to go out on loan.

He is at that age where it needs to be one or the other.

Third option. Change of manager. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

The fact that we considered loaning him has really annoyed me.

Why?

If we signed another attacking player he'd be better off going on loan to get game time. If we don't sign another attacking player he'll stock around and has a chance to get some game time.

Just get him back to PNE. They're playing well but can't hit a barn door with a banjo. Stick him in that side and he'll play every game and be top scorer, without a doubt. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Where are these comments?

“There’s a chance he’ll be involved but also a chance that he won’t be involved at all. I’m talking really closely with him at the moment about certain situations. We’ll do the right thing for Cameron in the short term.”

apoligies don’t know how to imbed a tweet.

21 hours ago, messi11 said:

True Reality is he never be first choice Villa striker under Gerrard. 
Gerrard was even considering selling him this summer.

It wouldn't even be Gerrard's decision whether to sell him or not. That would be Lange and Purslow. Gerrard can say he doesn't want him in the first team if he wants but he doesn't have the call on selling. Not that that matters as Gerrard said he wants him at Villa. What is your source for Gerrard considering selling him?

10 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Why are we going to loan him to a team where currently they have a lot of forward options and he won't play.

It's panic stations isn't it - trying to loan out a bright young talent who needs games to get a player we don't need and the manager doesn't want.

Its more bed wettting by fans rather than panic stations. The belief in the odd tweet that says something is up there with what would be expected from a 5 year old. Top Tip: Not everything on Twitter is true

If he's not going to get regular premier league minutes, he needs to be loaned out or we're just going to waste a critical free months of his development. The lad can play, and banged them in last season in the championship. Ten minutes to see out a result against Bolton is doing nothing for him.

Edited by Davkaus

Â