Cameron Archer

Zatman

The one thing he offers is clinical finishing off both feet. Doesnt tend to smash shots that mucb. Just places them. Whether he finds the other part of the game too hard in the prem , his actual finishing shouldnt be too different to what we saw last season. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BigJim said:

Yeah, suggests to me that we've been trying to get one in but couldn't get a suitable deal done. 

It's a bit of a gamble by SG... hope he has the guts to give him plenty of minutes and Cam can do the business when called on.

You have to remember, Gerrard is not relying on Archer, he also has two other decent strikers, although they seem to have lost their way last season. 

20 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

You have to remember, Gerrard is not relying on Archer, he also has two other decent strikers, although they seem to have lost their way last season. 

I think they found their way from the Brighton game onwards. Ollie got 6 goals and 1 assist in his last 14 games which is a good return. 

• Like 2

While putting my Fantasy Premier League team together over the last few days, I read what I believe is an important observation about the changing face of PL football.

The thought expressed was that Strikers are becoming less influential in determining results. More and more teams are looking to a five man midfield to provide goals as well as assists.

The trend is highlighted by FPL midfielders dominating the top points positions last season, and the relative paucity of big point scores by strikers.

I know that the FPL is slanted in a midfielder's favour by the award of an extra point to a scoring midfielder and another for each clean sheet that his team achieves, but it's a clear trend witnessed and acted on by the millions that study the PL for FPL purposes.

Perhaps this goes some way to explaining why comparisons between what strikers used to achieve, and what they are currently achieving are problematical.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

While putting my Fantasy Premier League team together over the last few days, I read what I believe is an important observation about the changing face of PL football.

The thought expressed was that Strikers are becoming less influential in determining results. More and more teams are looking to a five man midfield to provide goals as well as assists.

The trend is highlighted by FPL midfielders dominating the top points positions last season, and the relative paucity of big point scores by strikers.

I know that the FPL is slanted in a midfielder's favour by the award of an extra point to a scoring midfielder and another for each clean sheet that his team achieves, but it's a clear trend witnessed and acted on by the millions that study the PL for FPL purposes.

Perhaps this goes some way to explaining why comparisons between what strikers used to achieve, and what they are currently achieving are problematical.

Not sure you can use FF to support that. 

According to them players like Salah and Bailey are midfield players. 

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Salah and Bailey are not strikers so the FPL are technically correct, but Salah in particular is a cracking example of a very attacking goal scoring midfielder, and Bailey is starting to look like he can make a step up.

What about Lukaku being marginalised by Chelsea, Aubameyang and Lacazette being moved on by Arsenal, and Man City playing without a striker for a lot of the games last season? 

Archer is a good example of an up and coming front three player who will often attack from wide.

29 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I think it’s been this way for quite a while now. Spain won International tournaments without a striker.  Goals come from all 3 of the forwards now although you sometimes have one that is more of natural finisher than others. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Technically they are to be fair.

Or the grey area between ( Wingers/ Wide Forwards )

I mean, Son is " technically " a midfielder as well.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Technically they are to be fair.

Or the grey area between ( Wingers/ Wide Forwards )

I mean, Son is " technically " a midfielder as well.

I get that. But my point is when you've got wide forwards/wingers down as midfield players then it's no surprise they're scoring more points in FF than strikers. 

I'm just not sure you can read too much into that. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I've got Archer and Bailey in my team!

Archer will hardly play mate. However if he does could be a masterstroke. Bailey a great shout !

Really hope we can go far in the cups this season. Could be Archers chance to shine again.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Archer will hardly play mate. However if he does could be a masterstroke. Bailey a great shout !

Really hope we can go far in the cups this season. Could be Archers chance to shine again.

I've got Archer on the bench as last sub, mostly due to cost, sentiment, and potential bench boost.

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think I need to look for an off topic FPL to continue Fantasy discussions, but Archer is picked as my third striker because he is the cheapest I could buy at 4.5 mil (I only ever play two) That frees up money for key players .... who needs Financial Fair Play. 😀

In the real PL I think Archer will play quite a bit as an impact sub when we settle into the season.

• Like 1

Â