Match Thread: Spurs v Villa

limpid

Only 10 pages by half time? Everyone still on their hollybobs? 

I'm very very worried how we are allowing them to stroll forwards with the ball and not close them down.  They will pick a pass or we will make a mistake eventually. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

He's been all over the pitch I don't think it's fair to say lazy. He's been a bit soft and very moody at his lack of success so far. He hasn't shown a lot of quality but I don't think he's been lazy

Really?.. Maybe my expectations are too high or maybe my TV has input lag?

1 minute ago, Michelsen said:

Well, this Premier League stuff is stressful, isn’t it?

I've been white knuckling the whole time...  I don't know if I can go all season like this.  hahaha

• Like 1

Chuffed to bits with that half, I thought we'd be trying to keep the score down by now. Organised and looking capable both at the back and going forward.

We're benefiting from them being very rough, but we could have put the game out of sight with better finishing of our own.

• Like 1

Excellent first half in our return to the premier league. Just slightly disappointed we didn't make more of our chances and go in 2-0 up but we have largely contained Spurs and blunted their attacking efforts. Plus carved out some great opportunities on the break. So pleased it was McGinn who got our first pl goal.

Edited by briny_ear

17 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Neil Taylor has been...good. there I said it.

Agreed. Certainly not the car crash many were predicting before KO. 

Spurs definitely planned that first half around attacking the right side and Taylor has put Walker-Peters in his pocket. Dean once again proves he knows more about tactics than all of us combined on here. Wesley needs to settle down and get stuck in to some of these 50/50 balls.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Not helping ourselves with the ref, but he is severely biased based on the display so far 

Welcome to the Premier League!  If you're not a top 6 side, the refs usually side against you.

• Like 1