Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Well done the ladies.

Would like to get to one of the VP games. Can anyone tell me, do they close the roads to traffic around VP like they do the mens games? 

I have limited mobility so was hoping to maybe get dropped off by taxi along Trinity Road or Witton Lane at about 20 mins before kick off.

2 hours ago, blobbyrob said:

Well done the ladies.

Would like to get to one of the VP games. Can anyone tell me, do they close the roads to traffic around VP like they do the mens games? 

I have limited mobility so was hoping to maybe get dropped off by taxi along Trinity Road or Witton Lane at about 20 mins before kick off.

It's all open and there's even parking right by the away end on Witton Lane.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, villaajax said:

Can anyone tell me where I can get hold of a programme at the Bescot, or VP for that matter. I see everyone walking around with one, but I can never find where they're being sold. Of course, being both an introvert and southern, I couldn't possibly ask anyone in person 😅

Would also like to know. We normally arrive over an hour before kick off and we can never find a programme. There’s wasn’t even anyone in the programme booth yesterday when we went past. 

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

We're basically the 'best of the rest' aren't we.  Keep making signings like we have been though and we could become a real force.

It's a great position to be in.  The other clubs are real powerhouses but we're unbeaten against Man City this season.  Huge strides made overall.

7 hours ago, blobbyrob said:

Well done the ladies.

Nope, roads were open. We parked in the North Stand car park (we have a blue badge so got special treatment, other cars were being refused entrance when we arrived , but if early enough then it was free for anyone to park there).

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Nope, roads were open. We parked in the North Stand car park (we have a blue badge so got special treatment, other cars were being refused entrance when we arrived , but if early enough then it was free for anyone to park there).

So I paid for parking on an industrial estate like a fool? 😒

Carla Ward has riled up a load of Arsenal and United fans for basically saying our attendances are genuine supporters unlike other clubs who give away free tickets.

I’m undecided to be honest. Our attendances aren’t great really, especially given how good a season we are having. Giving away some free tickets to grass roots kids teams across the region wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. She says the argument against it is that you then lose support when the tickets are no longer free. The counter argument is that some of those kids might nag their parents to take them again.

Rachel Corsie to have 'minor surgery' and 'set for a spell on the sidelines'.

Good job we've got two other very good defenders in Anna Patten and Danielle Turner, those two were doing very well when Corsie was having to play midfield, but Corsie still going to be missed, especially in the coming games against Chelsea.

Might mean more game time for Evie Rabjohn too.

24 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Carla Ward has riled up a load of Arsenal and United fans for basically saying our attendances are genuine supporters unlike other clubs who give away free tickets.

I’m undecided to be honest. Our attendances aren’t great really, especially given how good a season we are having. Giving away some free tickets to grass roots kids teams across the region wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. She says the argument against it is that you then lose support when the tickets are no longer free. The counter argument is that some of those kids might nag their parents to take them again.

It's interesting, it felt like there were a lot more people there than the official figures. The shop was rammed, the family fun zone was busy and there were queues all down trinity road to get in. But I guess the figures are the figures.

I agree, if we finish top six this season will be a great achievement, next job should be trying to maintain that level.

"People keep saying, can you knock on the top four's door? That's just not a conversation," Ward told BBC Sport. What we want to do is try to sustainably be top six and then we can kick on from there. You've seen in the last couple of years - I won't mention any teams' names - but you've seen people come out and say 'this year we are going to try to break into the top four' and they are nowhere near. You need everything in place infrastructure-wise on and off the pitch, it isn't just about getting players in, there's so much that goes on and the top four are top four for a reason. It's about building, closing the gap - but that doesn't happen overnight."

At the start of the season, I set out to the players and staff that we wanted top six and we are close to that. I think we need one more win to achieve that mathematically," Ward added.  I think it's just important that we continue to keep building. I say this all the time, it's not about running before you walk, it's about continuing to grow on and off the pitch in every department."

BBC

Edited by useless
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

until recently it was free for season ticket holders , could be that some clubs still do this , thatr would bump up attendances a fair bit

2 hours ago, useless said:

I agree, if we finish top six this season will be a great achievement, next job should be trying to maintain that level.

"People keep saying, can you knock on the top four's door? That's just not a conversation," Ward told BBC Sport. What we want to do is try to sustainably be top six and then we can kick on from there. You've seen in the last couple of years - I won't mention any teams' names - but you've seen people come out and say 'this year we are going to try to break into the top four' and they are nowhere near. You need everything in place infrastructure-wise on and off the pitch, it isn't just about getting players in, there's so much that goes on and the top four are top four for a reason. It's about building, closing the gap - but that doesn't happen overnight."

At the start of the season, I set out to the players and staff that we wanted top six and we are close to that. I think we need one more win to achieve that mathematically," Ward added.  I think it's just important that we continue to keep building. I say this all the time, it's not about running before you walk, it's about continuing to grow on and off the pitch in every department."

BBC

It’s interesting she says that. Weren’t Man Utd established similar time to us, I’m sure they romped the lower league and then have been challenging the top flight ever since. How did they do it, yet there is still a huge gap for us, despite being best of the rest?

3 hours ago, Kingman said:

Anyone? 

Last I read was that these tickets are still due to he announced so who knows. Must be any day now considering the game is going to be in the 15th / 16th April

• Thanks 1

Â