Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

1 hour ago, useless said:

The draw is pretty much as I expected as these sem-finals give the best chance of a Man Utd v Chelsea final, no surprise that Chelsea and Man Utd avoided each other and out of those two we would have had the better chance of beating Man Utd.

As for people writing us off, after Man City men won in the FA Cup on Saturday the FA Emirates twitter posted this: 'Enjoy that win today, @ManCity fans? You can experience it all again tomorrow as @ManCityWomen take on @AVWFCOfficial in the #WomensFACup 🤩'

Chelsea will probably beat us to be fair, I have a lot less confidence about that game than I did against Man City, although media shouldn't be talking as if them beating us is a formality, comes across as being ignorant to how well we're doing, not only that but would be wrong to talk like that even if Chelsea were playing a team from a lower division in the semi-final.

As for pinning the message on the wall, I don't think football at this level works like that, maybe in lower league football something like that can work, but in the top leagues if a manager tried something like that the players would probably find it as equally insulting as the message itself, these are top professionals who will already be motivated enough, and our coaches will be coming up with a plan based on tactics to try and get a result, of course might not not hurt to mention it in passing, but there's going to be so much more work that goes into trying to get a result than just trying to rile the players up.

Totally get what you mean, i wasn't suggesting it would rile the players up. I was purely thinking from a motivational standpoint. I'm sure professionals get riled up too but they could use it differently. 

On 05/03/2023 at 15:24, S-Platt said:

If you have a slight interest I recommend getting to Villa Park on Sunday 26th of March against Leicester should be a good game.  Kick off 2pm.

Hopefully a record crowd it's cheap and it's a good day out.  £10 adults £5 under 14 and £7.50 under 18.

Buy online now and its only £13 for adult and u14.

Only around 500 left, Should be a cracking day for anyone that's going to Villa Park 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kingman said:

Only around 500 left, Should be a cracking day for anyone that's going to Villa Park 

Just seen on the OS that they have now released the first few rows the full length of the Lower Trinity! 

Olivia McLoughlin signed deal with Puma, Freya Gregory signed deal with Nike recently as well.

U21s beat Everton 5-0, Rachel Maltby and Alice Keitly both scored twice, Georgia Mullet got the other.

• Thanks 1

The club should definitely do cheap tickets for the semi final vs Chelsea and try and fill as much of VP as possible. £10/£5 adult/child could do the Holte, lower/mid trinity and lower north?

9 minutes ago, chappy said:

The club should definitely do cheap tickets for the semi final vs Chelsea and try and fill as much of VP as possible. £10/£5 adult/child could do the Holte, lower/mid trinity and lower north?

That's the normal price.

Paying £13 for adults and kids combo Sunday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chappy said:

It's being played at Bescot, Principle still stands though. 

9 hours ago, chappy said:

Has this been announced officially? Seems a no-brainer to have it at VP

Yeah Sunday 16th April 2pm kick off at Bescot. 

Our last home game of the season (Liverpool 21st May 2pm) is at Villa Park. 

Other In-between home games are at Bescot, Chelsea x2 league and Cup + Man Utd game 

Wow.....What a job they are doing with the Womens team.

Synergy is working well, all over the club.

even our bin men speak 3 languages.....Thats Aston Villa, now.

Good result for us in Friday evening game, Everton drop points at home to Liverpool, they could have moved within three points of us, but draw means they're five points behind having played the same amount of games, and we have the chance to go eight points ahead of them on Sunday.

• Like 2

Â