Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Real shame that there's no Womens Europa League, as we're probably going to end up 5th which is a great season but the girls wont have any reward to show for it (unless we win the Cup, obviously). 

Still difficult to see how we catch the top 4 teams up permanently though, the gap is still pretty big

• Like 2

Leicester have been trying to play out of the back with a relatively high line all game. I don't particularly get it, given they're a) bottom of the league and b) all but the 5th goal has been partially because they've either made errors playing out of the back or they've gotten caught on the break. Fair play to Ward and the team today, though. It's so obvious that we're just a better team in every aspect: from player quality to tactical approach. We look like we're going to score every time we get in the box, and we usually do.

Sounds like Leicester are decent in midfield but poor at the back and up front. What a crushing blow to their confidence this could be, losing 5-0 despite playing some nice football going forwards. Hard to see them bouncing back from today.

Leicester have ironically made a really good game of it . Tenacious and peobably won the midfield battle. But their high line and our preferred counter attacking football has just destroyed them. And its their coaches fault.

We have had 6 shots on target and scored 5 of them. 

11 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Real shame that there's no Womens Europa League, as we're probably going to end up 5th which is a great season but the girls wont have any reward to show for it (unless we win the Cup, obviously). 

Still difficult to see how we catch the top 4 teams up permanently though, the gap is still pretty big

It will take time  but i think that This summer we will have so many players wanting to buy in to our project. Plus we do have a very good youth platform in place. I don't know the rules. Does womens football come under ffp rulings ? 

20 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I thought that's what he said, him and the camera person are shocking

I wonder if it's the same commentator as Villa v City in the FA Cup quarter-final... When Daly put us 2-1 up for the next ten minutes he constantly kept saying things like 'Man City going out of the FA Cup', 'City probably about to be knocked out here', etc... He was doing my head in! With 20 mins still to play against one of the top teams, argh. I was thinking 'Just stop tempting fate! Commentator you fool!' 😬

Great win, I was expecting a better performance and a much closer scoreline, but was obviously the other way around, which is no bad thing as helps our goal difference.

Daly makes her goals look easy, but in season's gone by without her we usually always missed those kind of chances,

Good to see Lehmann get a couple of goals and a very good assist as has been much improved lately, not looking out of place alongside the top players we've been signing.

Rabjohn had a tough game but showed some very promising signs, given it was her full debut, at such a young age, and played out of position I thought she did okay.

Nice to see Alice Keitley and Georgia Mullett make their WSL debuts, by the end of the game we had five academy products on the pitch, Mullett unlucky not to score.

We've now scored more WSL goals this season than we did in the whole of the last two WSL season's combined.

• Like 3

From where I was sat I got to see Rabjohn up close in the first half and I thought she was excellent today. Skilful and calm on the ball.

I was really pleased to see Lehmann score twice. She may not be our best player but I think she gets a lot of unwarranted abuse, not only from opposition supporters but from some of our own too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Great result, great afternoon. Could have been slightly better organised but overall we really enjoyed it. Was brilliant for the little one, it was her first time at VP.

Good turnout 6.5k just under the previous ladies attendance record 

1 hour ago, villaajax said:

From where I was sat I got to see Rabjohn up close in the first half and I thought she was excellent today. Skilful and calm on the ball.

I was really pleased to see Lehmann score twice. She may not be our best player but I think she gets a lot of unwarranted abuse, not only from opposition supporters but from some of our own too.

Totally agree with Rabjohn, thought she showed excellent feet a few times and some good recovery runs/tackles (although she always looked tired lol).  Thought Nobbs was excellent, covered so much ground and always looking for ball.  Was an odd game, but we put together the better moves.  Nice to see a few youngster get a run out.

really enjoyed the day, real nice family feel to it 

• Like 2

Rabjohn nominated for player of the match alongside Pacheco, Daly, and Lehmann, would be nice to see her get it on her debut but will probably be either Daly or Lehmann as seems people usually vote for the bigger name.

• Like 2

Can anyone tell me where I can get hold of a programme at the Bescot, or VP for that matter. I see everyone walking around with one, but I can never find where they're being sold. Of course, being both an introvert and southern, I couldn't possibly ask anyone in person 😅

Â