Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Can't profess to have any great knowledge of the women's game but it does feel like Pacheco can consider herself unfortunate to not have been in the England squad. Think she's a quality player and has especially been proving so of late.

• Like 1

Sometimes it can seem like some people have 'bad attitudes' or 'behavioural problems' but there can be more going on than is realized.

Back on on the field matters, Carla Ward said earlier this month that we're going to open talks with her about a new contract, as her current deal ends this summer. I wouldn't be surprised if she's leaving, she did an interview on Villa website recently and said that Man City Cup will be one of her favorite memories of her time at Villa, I could be wrong, but came across to me as if she was talking about her time with us as if it was coming to an end.

Not as worried as I would have been if she does leave, as Anna Leat has been very good, although of course hoping I'm wrong about the above and we can keep Hampton, if we've still got both Hampton and Leat next season will be doing very well, we're lucky to have two very good keepers, they're both very young as well.

Remi Allen, Ruesha Littlejohn and Chaney Boye-Hlorkah's contracts also coming to an end.

Hampton was also told to stay away from Villa for a time. Glad to see she is back and in the team. We can all have rough times and nice to see that she has put it behind her.

• Like 2

There would probably be clubs in Europe interested in her and at a high level, she came through Villarreal academy so has spent time abroad as well.

Also I wouldn't rule out one of the clubs above us wanting her even if they already have good goalkeepers, in some cases she's going to be just as good as those or even better, and she's only twenty-two, so should have ten plus years left in the game.

And I wouldn't rule out someone like Spurs, they're having a very poor season, but things can quickly change in women's football, they also broke the WSL transfer record in January siging Beth England, so are very ambitious.

Of course hopefully she stays with us.

As usual Patten, Blindkilde, and Gregory have all been called up to the U23s for games against Portugal and Belgium. If Evie Rabjohn starts getting more minutes from now on in WSL she probably won't be far of that level, up until now has usually played a couple of ages up for England youth teams, U19 international at the moment.

Hampton was left out of squad for Chelsea away game and Ward said she left her out because it was 'in the best interests of the team' because 'something happened yesterday', but she turned up at the game as a fan (I think she's actually an Albion fan, or at least has said she used to there with her dad, I mean go as a fan to support her teammates from stands), and the press twisted that as her turning up when she was told to stay away, even if you do read it as her being told to stay away, it was only for one game, and the following week Ward went back on what she had said and this time said that she had been left out because of a 'medical procedure', shortly after which Hampton posted pictures on her social media of her in hospital after said procedure.

She may at some point have acted in a way that could be percieved as her acting up or whatever, but like I said 'sometimes it can seem like some people have 'bad attitudes' or 'behavioural problems' but there can be more going on than is realized, don't want to speculate too much, but wouldn't be surprised if something like that has gone on with Hampton, but we may never know if it's something she wants to keep private.

14 hours ago, Kingman said:

Just seen they have now opened up the stand behind the goal for Sundays game. 

Looks like the Bescot attendance record will be broken! 

Around 300 left for Chelsea on Sunday, Should be a belter and insightful what to expect for the semi final 

Just seen that Chelsea went all the way to extra time and penalties last night in the Champions league so hopefully used up more energy 

There now through to the Semi finals against Barcelona so hopefully thats a distraction for when we play them in The FA Cup in a few weeks 

Chelsea still way better than us and our form at Bescot isn't great just one win in the league there this season and one win there in the league the whole of last season.

We have defensive injury issues as well, Sarah Mayling out for tomorrow and her replacement in the last game Evie Rabjohn also a doubt, this is on top of Rachel Corsie also being out injured, so potentially just three fit defenders for the whole squad.

Not super hopeful for the next two, we're capable of causing an upset, but Chelsea also capable of beating us easily, whatever happens still been a good season, I think Carla Ward said we need just three more points to guarantee a top six finish, and we've done well to reach quarters-finals and semi-finals of the two cup competitions, and after Chelsea will be more games to come, so still time to get some more wins and have a good finish.

They have opened up another block behind the goal but only around 100 left. 

Due to expected attendance, Additional parking has been made available behind the University of Wolverhampton Stand (Blue Sector) and behind the HomeServe Stand (Green Sector). 

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2023/march/27/matchday-guide--villa-women-v-chelsea/

Leicester City win to move off the bottom of the table, they looked doomed for relegation before new year, now just three points seperate bottom place Brighton and Spurs in nineth, and Brighton have two games in hand, Spurs in genuine danger of relegation, looking like it's between them, Leicester, Brighton, and Reading, Liverpoool should be okay, but need to pick up some wins in coming games to make sure as have a really tough last four games - Chelsea, Man City, us at Villa Park, and Man Utd.

Shows what a good win we had last weekend as Leicester have actually been quite good since January window other than when they've come up against the top clubs.

Mayling still injured, Evie Rabjohn at least fit enough to make bench after being an injury doubt, looks like one of Lehmann or Blindkilde playing right-back, I actually think Kirsty Hanson would make more sense as she's briliantly defensively, but can understand not wanting to lose her from the attack. A new right-back probably a position we will look to strengthen in the summer, as Mayling the only one we have at the moment.

Edited by useless

Looks like it's Staniforth at right-back.

Means we will have three woman midfield of Blindkilde, Dali, and Nobbs, three attack minded players, in recent game Blindkilde came on and played DM, so presume she will play there today.

Could be an high scoring game, attack versus attack.

Â