Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Less than 900 tickets left now for Sunday's game at Villa Park

Amazing support 

Is the whole ground open or just certain sections?

If the whole ground is open then thats amazing.

4 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Incredibly proud of the women, they have come so far. Wish it was easier for me to watch them in America.

You should be able to watch them live every game with the FA Player website. And it's totally free. You just need to register on there with an email address. I've watched their matches with the FA Player website from Chile and Bolivia since last summer. Good quality video and audio too.

28 minutes ago, imavillan said:

It’s just the Lower Trinity as far as I can tell. So around 10,000 capacity?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, imavillan said:

Lower and Middle of Trinity Road, There is also the Trinity Road Hospitality seats and boxes available as well that includes Sunday Roasts packages at a fraction of what they charge for the mens packages. 

Edited by Kingman
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ferguson1 said:

Honestly, no I’m not surprised. At least it’s at home I suppose. 

We also play them at Bescot just 2 weeks before in the WSL so will be a good warm up for the Semi Final :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphouneso said:

image.png.de5cd713d71597c8463b96bcd3445bca.png

Written off already seemingly.

Yeah I saw that too. Disrespectful/careless of her to totally write us off by saying "whoever they [Chelsea] face in the final", as if they're already there. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Delphouneso said:

image.png.de5cd713d71597c8463b96bcd3445bca.png

Written off already seemingly.

She seldom, if ever, has anything positive to say about the men's team on Sky, so I suppose she's at least being consistent in her treatment of our club as a whole. :rolleyes: It would be nice, if she could at least feign some impartiality, it must have really stung her that we beat Citeh, another of Sky's favourites at the weekend. 

The draw is pretty much as I expected as these sem-finals give the best chance of a Man Utd v Chelsea final, no surprise that Chelsea and Man Utd avoided each other and out of those two we would have had the better chance of beating Man Utd.

As for people writing us off, after Man City men won in the FA Cup on Saturday the FA Emirates twitter posted this: 'Enjoy that win today, @ManCity fans? You can experience it all again tomorrow as @ManCityWomen take on @AVWFCOfficial in the #WomensFACup 🤩'

Chelsea will probably beat us to be fair, I have a lot less confidence about that game than I did against Man City, although media shouldn't be talking as if them beating us is a formality, comes across as being ignorant to how well we're doing, not only that but would be wrong to talk like that even if Chelsea were playing a team from a lower division in the semi-final.

As for pinning the message on the wall, I don't think football at this level works like that, maybe in lower league football something like that can work, but in the top leagues if a manager tried something like that the players would probably find it as equally insulting as the message itself, these are top professionals who will already be motivated enough, and our coaches will be coming up with a plan based on tactics to try and get a result, of course might not not hurt to mention it in passing, but there's going to be so much more work that goes into trying to get a result than just trying to rile the players up.

Â