Said Benrahma

MaVilla

Will be playing in a higher league next season regardless of whether Brentford gain promotion. Don't get me wrong Hull have been sh*te but he has looked class and one of those players that you can just tell has all the attributes to play at the top level. Much better option than Bowen IMO.

Probably going to miss the boat due to poor decision making in the summer, he was there for us to sign but we didn't allocate resources properly to ensure we signed him. If he keeps this up he could end up being either out of our league or commanding an obscene fee.

• Like 1

Yeah definitely missed the boat on this. 

We said towards end of the summer window, if we could have got Benrahma and Maupay it would have made us a lot stronger. 

Media were saying that Brentford wanted £30m for him in the summer, so he wasn't as easy to get as some are suggesting, also he was injured and had no pre-season which would have further complicated things. From what I can gather he hasn't actually been as good for them this season and his form has been on and off, I watched most of their game against Hull and whilst he played very well, Hull were equally very poor and many times he was very wasteful trying to do too much on his own, as I say he played very well, and I think he would improve us greatly, but at the same time I don't think he's suddenly out of our league because of an hat-trick against a poor Hull side, or even based on his performances through the whole season, for the simple fact that I don't think the top six or so clubs in the division would be interested in him, again not because I don't think he's good enough, but because when you get to that level of club they don't have to buy the best from the championship they can go shopping for players who have done it at an higher level.

The two players that impressed me the most today as well as Benrahma, were Rico Henry and Watkins, who I thought were both excellent.

12 hours ago, Xela said:

Yeah definitely missed the boat on this. 

We said towards end of the summer window, if we could have got Benrahma and Maupay it would have made us a lot stronger. 

Maupay we could find a lot like him. But Benrahma's quality isn't easy to find at all! Imagine him and Grealish in the same team!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, useless said:

Media were saying that Brentford wanted £30m for him in the summer, so he wasn't as easy to get as some are suggesting, also he was injured and had no pre-season which would have further complicated things. From what I can gather he hasn't actually been as good for them this season and his form has been on and off, I watched most of their game against Hull and whilst he played very well, Hull were equally very poor and many times he was very wasteful trying to do too much on his own, as I say he played very well, and I think he would improve us greatly, but at the same time I don't think he's suddenly out of our league because of an hat-trick against a poor Hull side, or even based on his performances through the whole season, for the simple fact that I don't think the top six or so clubs in the division would be interested in him, again not because I don't think he's good enough, but because when you get to that level of club they don't have to buy the best from the championship they can go shopping for players who have done it at an higher level.

The two players that impressed me the most today as well as Benrahma, were Rico Henry and Watkins, who I thought were both excellent

8 hours ago, useless said:

Its true he has been quite average in recent games but still can produces moments of magic.He was given a price tag of 30 mill along with Watkins tag of 40 mill ridiculous money I know but it was a message that they weren’t for sale.If we did get up to the PL who’s not to say they along with other of our players remain.

Edited by Brentfordnylons

12 hours ago, Xela said:

Linked to Leicester and Arsenal in the Sun gossip column(I know I know)

Should have paid the money this year. 

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

People saying they preferred Bowen is going to be utterly laughable in 2 years time. 

Expect him to be a starting player for a Champions League side by August 2021.

Nowt we can go about now, but, yes, I think a few years down the line we're going to bitterly regret not having stumped (or, rather, being in a position to stump) up the cash.

Then again, who's to say he would have thrived with us?

• Like 1

Â