Said Benrahma

MaVilla

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Not even sure what your point is Abdul. 

AVillan that comment wasnt aimed at you. Just my thoughts on the matter. 

Don't mind me, I'm just rambling on about my pov too.

6 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I do. He reminds me of a footballer that is good at 5-a-side technical stuff and leaves people amazed, but ultimately not as good at football as what you need at top level. 

And for the prices Brentford quote for championship players, it's risky business. 

Have you seen him play often? I think he’s a pretty special talent. Think Mahrez level one day. 

Agree with the prices Brentford quote being risky but I really hope we take the risk with this lad. I’m convinced he will light up this league.  If he was English the media would be all over him. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, privateer said:

I assume you are quoting my little razzing poetry because you are now signalling your agreement with my assessment and are going to bow down to the inevitable? :lol:

You can have Elmo Elmohamady, Neil Taylor and a choice of Anwar El Ghazi or Orjan Nyland (free tip, go for Ghazi) plus £10m, 5% of any sell on profit and a pre-season friendly. :thumb::trollface:

With or without Benrahma we will finish top half and maybe Play offs so your prediction of relegation is way off imho.Think you need to take a look at our model of signing young players with potential and realise those players you have suggested don’t come under that criteria.Glad you have made a decent start and are still behind your excellent manager long may it continue 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, HolteExile said:

Jarrod Bowen is on a free apparently this summer. 

If we were taking a punt, I'd sooner it would be on someone like him. 

what I like about Bowen apart from his consistency in scoring is .....He has a durability about his game where he stays in the game much like snodgrass does.

Its all well and good having these tricky players, but they go missing very easily and get taken out ( closed down) just as easily.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

what I like about Bowen apart from his consistency in scoring is .....He has a durability about his game where he stays in the game much like snodgrass does.

Its all well and good having these tricky players, but they go missing very easily and get taken out ( closed down) just as easily.

How many times have you seen Bowen play?

He's nowhere near as good as Benrahma for me.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

How many times have you seen Bowen play?

He's nowhere near as good as Benrahma for me.

Enough times to be confident of my opinion.

players have different attributes and fans accordingly look for different things in their appraisal....natural.

It may well be these 2 players can do things the other can't.....for me I would go for Bowen.

I also think Bowen would fit in to this  " Good Environment" at Villa, Pepe talks about.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

Enough times to be confident of my opinion.

players have different attributes and fans accordingly look for different things in their appraisal....natural.

It may well be these 2 players can do things the other can't.....for me I would go for Bowen.

I also think Bowen would fit in to this  " Good Environment" at Villa, Pepe talks about.

Cool, must have been quite a few times then.

His goal record is good, and he's the position we need.

• Like 2

Bowen on a free would be great business. Although I don't think he's as naturally talented as Benrahma I think he'd provide a bit more grit as well as balance cutting in from the right onto his left.

He's also one of those players who just can't seem to stop scoring. While we have mixed views on Hourihane, it's a lot easier to get away with being a high scoring 'passenger' as a winger!

8 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

On the assumption we stay in this league I’d hope we’d aim a lot higher than Bowen

8 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

On the assumption we stay in this league I’d hope we’d aim a lot higher than Bowen

Do you mean like Nicholas Pepe for 70 odd million.

or pick up a Mahrez from Le Havre for what we paid for McGinn.

Its easy to spend big bucks......not easy to come out the other side with a good player.

Agreed I think bowen is a perfect player for us. Nearly out of contract so probably reasonably cheap. Hull are safe from relegation but aren't going to go up so some extra money to try and find some other good young players would be good. And bowen scores lots of goals plus he is left footed which we do not have on a winger.

• Like 1

On 25/10/2019 at 03:50, KenjiOgiwara said:

Not even sure what your point is Abdul. 

AVillan that comment wasnt aimed at you. Just my thoughts on the matter. 

You’ve been doubting Championship players and mainly Brentford players for a while. I just wanted to show you that there are a lot of good players down there. Although I agree with overpricing but the likes of Benrahma and Bowen are class. Also Premier League players are more overpriced and usually are outcasts.

36 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

You’ve been doubting Championship players and mainly Brentford players for a while. I just wanted to show you that there are a lot of good players down there. Although I agree with overpricing but the likes of Benrahma and Bowen are class. Also Premier League players are more overpriced and usually are outcasts.

No I haven't? Everyone knows there are players in the championship that makes the step up, it's not exactly news. In fact I've advocated buying more championship players for years, but I think the marquee signings if you will has to come from better leagues and better teams. It's very rare that you spend a lot of money (£ 20-30 million they want?) on a championship player and get the mustard you want. Maupay is already showing he probably wasn't worth that money, but it's early days yet. 

Point I am making is that Brentford players aren't the quality talked of at this site. You can see this by Maupay this season. He hasn't pulled up any roots by far. He's looked lively, and he would have been a rotation option for us, but the point here is that they aren't selling their players for pennies on the dollar. They are asking big money for unproven players. 

Lets use Engels as an example. If I remember correctly he was bought for 8 million quid. Konsa had a release clause (according to the Brentford fans on here who care more about money than football) at £ 12 million. Thus we most likely paid more for Konsa than Engels. And he isn't close to being the same quality. He has potential and it's fine paying for potential, but the winger we should be buying now should not be a potential buy. Like I said a few posts ago, we already got El Ghazi and Trez with potential who are not delivering consistently. We need a new winger that will walk into the team and for that kinda purchase you need to look at better players than Brentford players. That's the harsh truth. If it wasn't the case they wouldn't be at Brentford and if they were they would have a ton of suitors. Who are interested in Behnrama?

Like I said he reminds me of a 5-a-side footballer doing fancy stuff, winning a few television fans over,  yet when it comes to 90 minutes of football you'd want a different and better footballer. He reminds me of Mustapha Hadji. 

Now if he turns out to prove me wrong, great. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

Watching QPR - Brentford and dreaming wet dreams about Benrahma. His nutmeg on Leistner in the 39th minute made me drool, hopefully there will be a clip of it somewhere.

Not sure how willing Brentford would be to let him go in January or if we would be ready to meet the asking price, but I'm still praying for us to sign him. 

Â