Said Benrahma

MaVilla

How many trees is he pulling up at Brentford?

I think there is a blind spot for these type of players......We need more rounded players for this division.

20 hours ago, Jay.P.A said:

He is bloody brilliant. Need him in our team. 

Barnsley played a suicidal high line and made that Brentford front line look AMAZING!  Hopefully he kick's on from that game and justifies a move by the winter window.  

On 03/10/2019 at 00:58, TRO said:

How many trees is he pulling up at Brentford?

I think there is a blind spot for these type of players......We need more rounded players for this division.

To be fair I agree with that, I do really rate benrahma but at the same time the game is developing to a point where you can't carry a player or have a player not working off the ball.

These days the front 3 (or forwards) need to work just as hard as the midfield 3 (or 4/5), or you are at a disadvantage immediately.

Can't carry lazy players any more (unless you are happy to be at a disadvantage).

Even though man city won the league, tbh I think Liverpool are the current pinnacle of team play, every player works hard, even players like salah and firminho. (Hard to say as I hate Liverpool, but i can appreciate how good they are under klopp).

I think trezeguet works hard enough, Jota also tbh but he's weak in the tackle, Wesley and el Ghazi need to work harder.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

It's only a £200k fine for fielding an ineligible player. Or is that just for Liverpool?

Liverpool and any "big clubs", everyone else is done for....

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

To be fair I agree with that, I do really rate benrahma but at the same time the game is developing to a point where you can't carry a player or have a player not working off the ball.

These days the front 3 (or forwards) need to work just as hard as the midfield 3 (or 4/5), or you are at a disadvantage immediately.

Can't carry lazy players any more (unless you are happy to be at a disadvantage).

Even though man city won the league, tbh I think Liverpool are the current pinnacle of team play, every player works hard, even players like salah and firminho. (Hard to say as I hate Liverpool, but i can appreciate how good they are under klopp).

I think trezeguet works hard enough, Jota also tbh but he's weak in the tackle, Wesley and el Ghazi need to work harder.

its not just "working" its imposing your will on them before they impose it on you.....if you just run idly, some will mark that down as working.

you are right.....and there lies a key " Off the ball"......not something all fans identify with.....I didn't when I was younger, I have had many games and many season to hone my Spectatorship skills.

My most glaring blind spot was with Des Bremner, thinking he was not blessed with the technical skills of Sid and Morty and making numerous references.......I told Des to his face once, in a determined effort to embarrass myself.....He just laughed it off and said never mind, you got it eventually.

I understand the clamour for the Jack Grealish type player with the swashbuckling talent........But the DM Is crucial, none more so than in this league.......The study of the Roy Keanes's and the Patrick Viera's time ,will put right any doubting thomas's.

7 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

It's only a £200k fine for fielding an ineligible player. Or is that just for Liverpool?

Oh sorry, as he has his own thread in the Villatalk section I assumed we had signed him. 

5 hours ago, TRO said:

its not just "working" its imposing your will on them before they impose it on you.....if you just run idly, some will mark that down as working.

you are right.....and there lies a key " Off the ball"......not something all fans identify with.....I didn't when I was younger, I have had many games and many season to hone my Spectatorship skills.

My most glaring blind spot was with Des Bremner, thinking he was not blessed with the technical skills of Sid and Morty and making numerous references.......I told Des to his face once, in a determined effort to embarrass myself.....He just laughed it off and said never mind, you got it eventually.

I understand the clamour for the Jack Grealish type player with the swashbuckling talent........But the DM Is crucial, none more so than in this league.......The study of the Roy Keanes's and the Patrick Viera's time ,will put right any doubting thomas's.

There are players you never notice, because they are so bloody good at what they do, and once they aren't there it's the first thing you notice. Water carriers if you will. Petrov was in that bracket I'd argue. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Ran the show away at Swansea last night.

Desperate for him to sign in Jan. Not sure Brentford's demands will have reduced.

Shame our fringe players are such high wages or we could tried a payer + cash deal.

Just now, sne said:

Shame our fringe players are such high wages or we could tried a payer + cash deal.

Think we've moved on from dishing out "silly" contracts. They're all PL wages though yes which would make moves like that tricky. As much as I like him, Jota could head back and we could cover 40% of his wage if the deal was the happen.

15 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Think we've moved on from dishing out "silly" contracts. They're all PL wages though yes which would make moves like that tricky. As much as I like him, Jota could head back and we could cover 40% of his wage if the deal was the happen.

Most of em are on old contracts thou.

Kodjia, Taylor, Lansbury, Elmo, Chester... Guess they are also the wrong age bracket for Brentford.

Shame they don't need a keeper or 2. And I doubt Jota will be going back.

Only leaves Hause since our other guys are on season long loans and I don't see that either, perhaps on loan but nah.

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, sne said:

Most of em are on old contracts thou.

Kodjia, Taylor, Lansbury, Elmo, Chester... Guess they are also the wrong age bracket for Brentford.

These days they all have clauses that are triggered upon promotion to get them premier league wages.

If any of them hadn't then we would have heard about their agents getting fired by now.

Just now, Junxs said:

These days they all have clauses that are triggered upon promotion to get them premier league wages.

If any of them hadn't then we would have heard about their agents getting fired by now.

Exactly, and most of them were already on PL-level wages while in the Championship.

• Like 1

On 04/10/2019 at 21:17, KenjiOgiwara said:

There are players you never notice, because they are so bloody good at what they do, and once they aren't there it's the first thing you notice. Water carriers if you will. Petrov was in that bracket I'd argue. 

Totally on the money.

Vincent De Bosque once said about Busquets......." You don't notice him during a game....but when you focus on him you see the whole game".

says it all for me.

5 hours ago, sne said:

One of our lowest paid reserves would probably break the wage structure at Brentford. Can't see it happening.

Â