Said Benrahma

MaVilla

I think in January we will be very wary of signing players from inferior leagues, we did that with the bulk of our signings in the summer and we're struggling. In the winter transfer window it's going to be even more vital that any of ours signings are as much of a guarantee of being able to make an impact as possible, and as such I can see us wanting players who've proven they can do it in the big leagues, even if that means having to utilise the loan market.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

No but the Brentford fans I've observed have thought so. I can't answer for their service. 

Was still injured (from last April) at start of the season, so only now just starting to replicate last year's form. After watching today I reckon goals/more assists will be coming soon  (Hopefully starting on Wednesday.....)

Was sensational at home to Derby a few weeks back mind you.

Very likely he'll go in January (like Watkins). We were all resigned to him going in August.

SB seems a decent bloke too, who I reckon would do a good job for you.

£25M please. 😀

You can have Ollie too for a total of £50M. Only 4x what you paid us for Hogan!!! 👍

Edited by Badgerbee

1 hour ago, Badgerbee said:

Was still injured (from last April) at start of the season, so only now just starting to replicate last year's form. After watching today I reckon goals/more assists will be coming soon  (Hopefully starting on Wednesday.....)

Was sensational at home to Derby a few weeks back mind you.

Very likely he'll go in January (like Watkins). We were all resigned to him going in August.

SB seems a decent bloke too, who I reckon would do a good job for you.

£25M please. 😀

You can have Ollie too for a total of £50M. Only 4x what you paid us for Hogan!!! 👍

I personally hope we let championship clubs keep their championship players.

Though it's funny seeing Brentford fans care more about profit than good football. 

• Confused 1

On 09/08/2019 at 19:44, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Exactly - they’re building a reputation among club executives and if they show they can be pushed around, that they don’t have alternatives, etc. they’ll always find it hard to negotiate with anyone without being ripped off. A lot like Man U seem to be the last few years. 

On the other hand, if they show that they’re serious when making a bid and not just fooling around trying to drop the price and are willing to turn around, say no and move to alternatives then people will take notice. This seems to have happened with Butland -> Heaton, Phillips ->Nakamba and probably others. The only poor bit of business was Mings, imo but hopefully he stays healthy and prove them right.

I like how they appear to be doing their business, very much unlike how it was under Xia and Wyness. 

One of those posts you look back upon and think shit what was I thinking 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â