Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 minute ago, swollef said:

has the wp come through ?

prob in progress, says "subject to WP", however, as with Wesley/Trez, i highly doubt they would announce it officially if they didn't think it they would get one.

• Thanks 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

What are you're expectations then?

I would take 17th right now.

8th-12th before last few signings. There's some proper shit teams bottom of PL Newcastle have Bruce. Everton have lost Gueye and I think we have a better squad now. Some people being way too pessimistic like we still have Richards Lescott Sinclair and Richardson lol

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

8th-12th before last few signings. There's some proper shit teams bottom of PL Newcastle have Bruce. Everton have lost Gueye and I think we have a better squad now. Some people being way too pessimistic like we still have Richards Lescott Sinclair and Richardson lol

Yeah but we don't know how long it will take for this new team to gel together.

Some of them has worked with Smith before and some played for us last season, that will help but there's still a lot of new boys.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Some of them has worked with Smith before and some played for us last season, that will help but there's still a lot of new boys.

Look at Walsall blah blah it's only Walsall. Targett Engels Wesley Jota Guilbert all looked like they'd been playing in the team for ages

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Just like we don't know what "No deal" will mean.

Lets be Intrepid and see......its called courage, Bravery and Belief.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Just like we don't know what "No deal" will mean.

Lets be Intrepid and see......its called courage, Bravery and Belief.

That's why i said i would take 17th right now. Cause we are drifting into the unknown.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

That's why i said i would take 17th right now. Cause we are drifting into the unknown.

I would just say this......forget the 38th game....look at the first.

just try and win the next one and see where it takes us.....we are likely to be an entirely different team at the end of the season than at the start.....just like last season.

Players will gel and develop and we will get stronger as a group... it takes time.

There is absolutely no point in trying to second guess what new signings will do......we have to wait and see and let the manager blend them, there will be hiccups.....let him deal with it.

1 minute ago, praisedmambo said:

Obviously two very different things. 

yeah....but the principles are not......wait and see is my point.

49 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Smith got someone else's players to gel last season ...coming in mid season as well. I think we will be fine

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Smith got someone else's players to gel last season ...coming in mid season as well. I think we will be fine

Great point, he achieved wonders in a really short space of time. Amazing that we ended up promoted after such a disruptive season, Deano has done an incredible job so far. If he could do that with players that were not his (choice) just imagine what he can do with players that he has personally identified and targeted (along with Pitarch). I’m convinced we have had a planned out and well researched transfer strategy (for once) and we actually have a capable coaching team at the club which can work with and improve our players.

Can’t see any reason for any negativity right now. Just be excited and look forward to the new season, back in the Prem where we belong.

We actually have a side that can play atttactive football for once. No more cloggers and basic grafters, no more hoofball and no more bloody battening the hatches!!!

We’re attacking the season with the right intent, not playing it safe and being scared!

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Sky Sports reported it. Hope it's not true but fear it is. But as i said, if he helps us survive the league it's worth it regardless.

Did they then promote betting by Skybet on  what the clause is? Probably. Scummy pricks.

• Like 1

I believed at the end of last season we were the best team in the Championship. If we could sign most of the spine and upgrade some players. We would be a better team under Smith. But even I didn’t anticipate what has been done so far... It will take 6-8 games for the team to properly gel, but we have a head start and the style of play against Walsall was even better than under O’Neill. It is going to be exciting this season and where this squad might take us.

• Like 1

Â