Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be fair he was close to leaving and if Arsenal wernt so tight and offered more he’d be their player now. Thankfully they didn’t and he was happy to sign a new contract.

I was always surprised he just didn't wait until the January, they signed Jorginho that window so were in the market for that type of midfielder.

He was under no obligation to sign a new deal and we'd have had to sell him then for about 15m so all credit he did sign the deal.

Will surely be back in the next Brazil squad so that will keep him happy here.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I think increasingly too so. We are now operating around the level that he would aspire for us to be, for a start, both performances and league position. But also he seems more connected to the club personally all of a sudden. Banging the badge when he scores, having his own chant, him yesterday singing along to hi ho aston villa at full time. 

To me, for a long while, he felt like a footballer playing for Aston Villa. Now he feels like an Aston Villa player. 

I agree. I've loved him since he arrived but it has taken a couple of years for people to really see the value in him.... even Villa fans. Probably the longest wait for a player chant ever since he arrived while others get all the attention. He's really been through thick and thin with the club since we came up, along with McGinn, Konsa and Mings and is now a veteran of the squad. He deserves all the plaudits he's getting and some. Just a delightful player to watch.

Edited by avfc1982am
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I agree. I've loved him since he arrived but it has taken a couple of years for people to really see the value in him.... even Villa fans. Probably the longest wait for a player chant ever since he arrived while others get all the attention. He's really been through thick and thin with the club since we came up, along with McGinn, Konsa and Mings and is now a veteran of the squad. He deserves all the plaudits he's getting and some. Just a delightful player to watch.

Second name on the team sheet after Emi for me.

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Will surely be back in the next Brazil squad

Wouldn't count on it given the management has been clueless enough to ignore him up until now.

Edited by Tom13

1 minute ago, beachboys1 said:

forgot jwp was on pitch

Yep, imo it’s not even close who I think is better. JWP is a phenomenal set piece taker but Dougie is head and shoulders above him as a player and it showed yesterday.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, rubberman said:

Someone is going to come in with a massive £100m+ bid this summer if he continues like this. Not sure we'll be able to avoid that.

They will have to break the British transfer record. Which if that's how much they are willing to pay we will probably sell if the player wants.

The good thing is that if Dougie wants to stay I don't think a number exists that would get our management team to even consider selling. 

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We need to tie him down to a new contract or sell him. He's worth a fortune so hopefully we can capitalise on our current momentum and offer him a 3 year extension 

Probably one for next summer?  He only signed a new contract 12 months ago and still has3.5 years left (i think?).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

Probably one for next summer?  He only signed a new contract 12 months ago and still has3.5 years left (i think?).

No has only 2.5 years left. So if he's not going to stay then this summer is the time to cash in. I think if we're riding high come Feb/March we need to get a new deal in front of him

Â