Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

Bless that wee man. Footballers really are in a privileged position where they can bring so much joy to young fans just by meeting them and speaking to them. Any footballer who shirks this really are wasting a  precious gift

Not always easy for some people to handle emotionally. I remember Liam Gallagher once visiting a children's hospice and he completely broke down. Gabby done some wonderful stuff for the Acorns Hospice, as have many other Villa players, but I would totally understand if someone found it too emotionally overwhelming. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, turvontour said:

You know when he puts his foot on the ball when in possession, and rolls it forward. Like he doesn't need to, is it like a style thing?

He's the only player I've seen do that consistently.

Possibly a style thing - possibly to invite the press:

11 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Even in his first season you could see Dougie had serious quality. This assist ffs 😍 (second vid/tweet below, clarified as Dougie assists in the first as well).

The 2 goals he scored from outside the area too. One on his home debut. I’m surprised we haven’t seen another one of those since. Nearly did on Sunday if not for a great save. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Don't know if it's a coincidence, but i've noticed since he and Miss Lehmann went their separate ways that his game has gone up a gear.

He's no longer knackered all the time from all that rutting. He must be on a boxers pre-fight diet now 😉

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The 2 goals he scored from outside the area too. One on his home debut. I’m surprised we haven’t seen another one of those since. Nearly did on Sunday if not for a great save. 

Yeah I am tbh, peaches they were. But that Brighton assist I just can't get enough of it. Not many would have spotted that let alone executed it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

That fee was just a rumour wasn't it?

It wasn't ever 100% confirmed but was much more than just a rumour. It was pretty much accepted by the media and everyone else that we bought for £15m, and buy-back was £25m for the first year and £35m for the second year.

A 30 min interview with Dougie towards the end of last season.  Really really interesting. Subtitles and so so much more than a happy to be here interview. Proper insight into Emery, and also his obvious huge respect for Villa. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

A 30 min interview with Dougie towards the end of last season.  Really really interesting. Subtitles and so so much more than a happy to be here interview. Proper insight into Emery, and also his obvious huge respect for Villa. 

How do you get English subtitles on? I can only seem to be able to turn on the Portuguese auto-generated ones.

Â