Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

8 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I've seen we are looking to open contract talks with him. 

Give him all the monies. 

We need to, I know we only recently signed him up but the Man City’s and Liverpool’s of this world will be looking and given his development and current rate of progression it seems a good time 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I've seen we are looking to open contract talks with him. 

Give him all the monies. 

7 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

We need to, I know we only recently signed him up but the Man City’s and Liverpool’s of this world will be looking and given his development and current rate of progression it seems a good time 

Not sure if it's Bollox, but from what I've read he's on 75 k per week.

For the level he has reached, and the importance to the team this is now way too low.

Needs to be among the top earners now, PLUS!

• Like 1

As we progress, the predators will be circling.....we have to pay the wages, otherwise we will lose players.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure if it's Bollox, but from what I've read he's on 75 k per week.

For the level he has reached, and the importance to the team this is now way too low.

Needs to be among the top earners now, PLUS!

The irony to any club is.....you make them better and shoot yourself in the foot, in one way( wages)

Look, its the way of the world....He has contributed a heap, in making himself better, so deserves to be courted.....I hope we can keep him.

but it also shows, we can't be asleep at the wheel, we have to be searching for talent..............constantly.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

If I owned the club, I'd be asking his agent how he likes the sound of £175k per week. 

To find a player like Dougie to buy, you're easily looking at upwards of £70mill in transfer fee alone. 

Dougie is by far a better player than the one we signed.....so hats off to the coaches involved in his progress....and hats off to him for being the single minded player to achieve it.

Its always hard to know how much a player, will improve......but he is certainly one of the very best examples.

I think he is as invested in AVFC as any player can be.....but we all know money talks.

Edited by TRO

when the cameras were at BMH talking to the players about their FIFA Ratings.....someone intimated Dougies was lower than it should be, he smiled and said Next year.

Does he mean, he knows he will improve more, or does he mean he knows in advance his rating will be boosted?

• Like 1

I agree, needs to be at least on par with the top earners. I know it's a lot but if Digne is on hundreds of thousands a day then so should Dougie. 

On a serious note. A 100m min player has to equate to 150-200k min a week surely. I think that's around the figure he should be on, a few bonuses to top it off. Hopefully that wards off anyone until we get CL and probably need to renegotiate within another 18 months 2 years.

I want to keep him for another 5-10 years tbh. He'd become an absolute legend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

when the cameras were at BMH talking to the players about their FIFA Ratings.....someone intimated Dougies was lower than it should be, he smiled and said Next year.

Does he mean, he knows he will improve more, or does he mean he knows in advance his rating will be boosted?

I like to think that rather than moaning about it he knows he will reach the next level. Actions not words. Actions not social media likes. 

• Like 1

On 30/10/2023 at 20:11, avfc1982am said:

On a serious note. A 100m min player has to equate to 150-200k min a week surely. I think that's around the figure he should be on, a few bonuses to top it off. Hopefully that wards off anyone until we get CL and probably need to renegotiate within another 18 months 2 years.

We aren't going to be paying any one player £10m a year annual salary unless we are already in the Champions League.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

We aren't going to be paying any one player £10m a year annual salary unless we are already in the Champions League.

We offered Grealish 250k a week. 

also, isn't Digne on 165k? I thought it was around that figure.

Edited by avfc1982am

On 29/10/2023 at 10:30, AvonVillain said:

"Not top 4 material, but acceptable for Villa."
—Dwight Yorke

The same Dwight Yorke who played for Villa between 1990 and 1998, a period that saw us finish inside the top 4 three times and inside the top 7 six times.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1

Â