Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

He's calm, smooth, precise, and just glides around the pitch bossing games now. 

He just always sees his next move or two before receiving the ball. He doesn't even have to move fast because it's like time slows for him. Such an elegant player. What a gem we have. 

• Like 3

On 24/05/2023 at 14:42, bobzy said:

I thought it was a well known term, such as GOAT, but apparently I was wildly wrong and will no longer resort to using acronyms.

It is a well known term. Don't know why people are getting so arsey about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villan95 said:

Not at all worried about any interest from Spuds. Arsenal could be more problematic but I can't see them spending big on another midfielder.

If he was going to go to Arsenal it would've been in January, but no chance now imo after signing a new deal.  As for Spurs, that is surely just a joke by FI, nobody of any seriousness or non-spurs bias would see him going there.

40 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think we might listen to offers for him next year or year after as he'll be into final 2 years and 1 year of his contract then. I can't see any way he'd move this summer though

Or offer him another contract, at some future point, before the vultures start circling? By then, I can't see him wanting to join a club like Spurs or Arsenal, who undoubtably by then, will be becoming increasingly familiar with looking up at us in the league table. ;)

Always been a big fan of his - technically superb, very intelligent.

But since Emery has come in - he wins more duels than ever now. Combination of giving him the belief and telling him how to go about contesting them I'm assuming.

3 minutes ago, John said:

Or offer him another contract, at some future point, before the vultures start circling? By then, I can't see him wanting to join a club like Spurs or Arsenal, who undoubtably by then, will be becoming increasingly familiar with looking up at us in the league table. ;)

I think we'd offer him a new contract at the end of this season, like we did with Watkins and McGinn when they were approaching the final 2 years. If he's keen to move on to a bigger consistent CL club then that's ok we'll bank a very big fee and we need to move to the acceptance of a top player or two moving on in next couple of years.

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Some noise today, don't worry, it's just football insider.

There should be noise tbh. Just got to hope he realises that his long term future should be here 😎

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think we'd offer him a new contract at the end of this season, like we did with Watkins and McGinn when they were approaching the final 2 years. If he's keen to move on to a bigger consistent CL club then that's ok we'll bank a very big fee and we need to move to the acceptance of a top player or two moving on in next couple of years.

I don't think that we do. I would like to think that we will soon reach the point where our best players, are well rewarded and are happy to stay with us, because we are doing as well, as the likes of Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal, if not better. If PSG, Barcelona, Real Madrid or Citeh come calling, then a player may well be tempted, but top clubs don't meekly accept selling their best players, they buy other teams best players, to become an even better team. Hopefully that is something that we will have to grow accustomed to.    

On 06/08/2023 at 08:45, gwi1890 said:

Clip for last season but only Doug does this kind of stuff 

As impressive as Dougy is, that thread is nonsense. Casemiro is a superb player

34 minutes ago, John said:

FFP bro. At that point he'll be pure profit.

Champions of pure profit you'll never sing that!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Some noise today, don't worry, it's just football insider.

Football Insider are a mostly embarrassing clickbait machine. Example being they claimed we were signing Oxlade-Chamberlain long after it was proven false. 

16 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Football Insider are a mostly embarrassing clickbait machine. Example being they claimed we were signing Oxlade-Chamberlain long after it was proven false. 

All of the noise from football outsider is rubbish. They are usually the ones that say “Villa spent £20 million on emi Martinez and would want at least that much back for him” when in reality we all know it would require closer to £120 million to tempt us. Same with dougie and this rubbish, spurs are a nothing side  and generally a laughing stock. Arsenal could be more realistic if they hadn’t just spent over £100 million on rice and nearly as much as havertz. I imagine with 3 years left on his deal we would want a minimum of £75-80 million and I don’t see that coming from arsenal. Most likely is we offer him a huge wage bump to sign another couple of years extension 

• Like 1

Â