Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Many games under both smith and Gerrard we saw Luiz isolated and having to do so much work by himself and as a result made him look poor. There was always a good player there. Now we have kamara to help him out he looks amazing.

Gerrard actually played them together once and they looked good and then decided to drop Luiz the following game for his Ramsey McGinn combo.

He might have snuck into Brazil squad if Emery was manager from start of the season

• Like 2

Just now, messi11 said:

Is he injured?

Massive loss for the Wolves games 

He came off after treatment but I didn’t see a dressing or strapping on the knee when he was talking on the bench with people during the last few mins so hopefully just precautionary. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I remember the embarrassing hype on here for Bissouma as if he was Roy Keane. Luiz was always the superior player and not the first time Bissouma has looked poor vs Luiz

Guilty as charged. I did literally think bissouma would improve us. But if we didnt have kam then i still think that. But without question i would rathee have kamara any day

As for luiz always rated him just used poorly by gerrard. Unbelievable this fool had him  on the bench

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Some injury expert on Twitter saying it looks bad, really hope it’s not. Losing him for a potentially long period would be awful, Luiz/Kamara have the potential to do brilliant things.

Looks an awful injury tbf. Career ending......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Very good performance, took his goal incredibly well. 

I’ve watched that finish a couple more times and honestly think it’s the kind of thing you usually only see from players like Messi, Aguero, etc. Sublime touch, sublime finish.

Obviously he won’t be doing that every week, but it shows what he’s capable of.

I’ve always thought he’s the kind of player who will look much better with more quality around him, and also one who will age well, as his game doesn’t really rely on pace or athleticism.

Working with a really tactically minded, detail obsessed coach could see him progressing leaps and bounds over the next couple of seasons.

You’re right it’s hyperbole to say Luiz and Kamara are the best midfield partnership in the Prem, but they wouldn’t look out of place in a Champions League side - and both are still very young for that position.

The more tactical / positioning based roles like CM and CB tend to be late bloomers, so these kinds of mature performances already are a very positive sign.

I do think Kamara was better than him today, though, and has mostly been the better player this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

I’ve watched that finish a couple more times and honestly think it’s the kind of thing you usually only see from players like Messi, Aguero, etc. Sublime touch, sublime finish.

Obviously he won’t be doing that every week, but it shows what he’s capable of.

I’ve always thought he’s the kind of player who will look much better with more quality around him, and also one who will age well, as his game doesn’t really rely on pace or athleticism.

Working with a really tactically minded, detail obsessed coach could see him progressing leaps and bounds over the next couple of seasons.

You’re right it’s hyperbole to say Luiz and Kamara are the best midfield partnership in the Prem, but they wouldn’t look out of place in a Champions League side - and both are still very young for that position.

The more tactical / positioning based roles like CM and CB tend to be late bloomers, so these kinds of mature performances already are a very positive sign.

I do think Kamara was better than him today, though, and has mostly been the better player this season.

Very much a Michael Owen or Kevin Philip's type finish. The quick take and finish. Very impressed to see him arrive in the box and do that.

• Like 1

Â