Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

4 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah, I don't get why Gerrard doesn't get asked these questions. Loads of questions about Carney last season, not so many about Douglas' situation. It would also be nice to hear what his thoughts on Sanson are, but he just gets asked the same old boring stuff.

The questioning is so boring and predictable, and often the questioner answers the question while asking it, and the interviewee just repeats the answer back to them.

Happens in all the press conferences. Perhaps if you ask an awkward question you don't get invited back.

• Like 1

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

The questioning is so boring and predictable, and often the questioner answers the question while asking it, and the interviewee just repeats the answer back to them.

Happens in all the press conferences. Perhaps if you ask an awkward question you don't get invited back.

Absolutely. Press conferences don’t give us much. Predictable questions and answers.

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

He ain't no Pirlo. You have to be that good to compensate for a lack of pace especially in today's game.

He's faster than Pirlo ever was, but not as good a passer...

42 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

"Steven, how excited are you for* the next game?"

(*It should be "about".)

9 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

That was kind of my point. 

Nigel Clough was faster than Pirlo, incidentally, he was also better than Luiz, passing wise.

What? Behave. I mean, I was having a bit of fun but that's just rubbish.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

What? Behave. I mean, I was having a bit of fun but that's just rubbish.

What's rubbish, that Nigel Clough was a better midfielder than Luiz? He was a better passer of the ball, imo. If he would have been blessed with pace, he would have been one hell of a midfielder. He was tutored by one of the best. 

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

What's rubbish, that Nigel Clough was a better midfielder than Luiz? He was a better passer of the ball, imo. If he would have been blessed with pace, he would have been one hell of a midfielder. He was tutored by one of the best. 

Far more a striker than a midfielder though, no? Played a bit of midfield at the end of his career but his dad always called him “the number 9” to avoid using his name, not any of the midfield number options :)

8 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Far more a striker than a midfielder though, no? Played a bit of midfield at the end of his career but his dad always called him “the number 9” to avoid using his name, not any of the midfield number options :)

Correct. More a midfielder for Liverpool. Just a shame he lacked that vital yard. Remember them balls he would roll off to the flanks towards Carr or Crosby ?

• Like 1

Dougie has that Brazilian flair and genius in him. No doubt about that, even if we were to say he's defensively capable and inclined.

Pirlo and Dougie comparisons though, I'm not about that. 

Talent hits the target no one else can hit. Genius hits the target no one else can see. Pirlo was that kind of genius.

Dougie has ideas and a fairly decent ability to deliver which will develop as he goes.

No Pirlo though as is.

To be fair Pirlo seemed to get better with age...

Douglas Luiz has arguably been playing at quite a high-level yet with a struggling team...

I'm not comparing him to Pirlo yet he still has a long career ahead of him and I would love to see him play in his natural position with support from the defensive midfield (Kamara).

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Dougie has that Brazilian flair and genius in him. No doubt about that, even if we were to say he's defensively capable and inclined.

Pirlo and Dougie comparisons though, I'm not about that. 

Talent hits the target no one else can hit. Genius hits the target no one else can see. Pirlo was that kind of genius.

Dougie has ideas and a fairly decent ability to deliver which will develop as he goes.

No Pirlo though as is.

Who has said he was a pirlo though

All the logical people I've seen comment, just say he'd be better played further forward.  They've said he's not speedy, but he plays deep lying for us, and has said himself he'd rather play further forward. 

Holding him to a standard no one else has even considered is a bit disingenuous.

All the mentions of pirlo say he isn't him. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

If this were a video of a prospective signing we'd be going crazy with excitement.

Just turned 24 with nearly 200 senior apps and 9 Brazil caps! It would be the most exciting signing of the summer.

• Like 2

Â