Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

15 hours ago, allani said:

Those two lists show exactly why we need at least one more midfielder even if Dougie stays.  From a defensive perspective: Kamara is young and has never played in the PL, Nakamba isn't good enough for the PL (or at least not the top half) and Tim is a rookie.  From a central midfield view - any two from Luiz, Ramsey and McGinn have a tendency to get over-run when we are not on top of a match and Chuk has masses of potential but has yet to do much on the big stage.  We are one injury away from having the same midfield (and by extension the same issues we have had in midfield) as we have had for the last 2 - 3 seasons - and this has been the area that has caused us the most problems.  There is no balance.  If Kamara is injured we don't have any defensive cover and Luiz and McGinn will still be playing too many minutes.  I hope Luiz and McGinn stay but if we are really aiming at top half next season then they need not to be starting every match and (if they do start) they need to be not be finishing many matches.  If JJ and Chuk are their only competition then neither of those things happen.

good observations, I agree.

Its still too much defensive responsibility, for BK on his own, particularly so early in his career with us.....some games fine, but when we play top teams, we need that extra man.

it would also give us options to change games, properly and enhance tactical adjustments in line with the dynamics of a specific game.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

As ridiculous of a link as us selling Mings to the Geordies. This guy is making it up as he goes. 

Pretty sure he has sold Trezeguet about ten times so far this transfer window :P 

3 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If we believe Newcastle are after everyone that they are "monitoring" they will have enough players to field three teams in the PL next season. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, John said:

If we believe Newcastle are after everyone that they are "monitoring" they will have enough players to field three teams in the PL next season. 

Yep and if we sign anyone they've been linked too 'we've stolen there transfer list' or 'just copying who they want'. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Ignore the fact the rumour is clearly bollocks...all those that don't rate Luiz, would you be happy if Newcastle bought him for 20m?

I wouldn’t do any business with them, to be honest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Ignore the fact the rumour is clearly bollocks...all those that don't rate Luiz, would you be happy if Newcastle bought him for 20m?

Nope....meaning don't sell him to Newcastle.

but you have worded it, like a lawyer......There could be an inbetween view.

If a player, is good at some things but not others, you rate him accordingly.....that doesn't mean you don't rate him at all.

We finished 14th last season, not all down to him, but some of those players was responsible for that.....if we don't want it to happen again, changes need to be made.

The changes might be no better too, we have to hope they will be.....but staying with the same players is a gamble, I wouldn't make.

He has his skill set....but he is not hard to play against....that can be a problem on its own.

Am I anxious to get rid ?no......but I am equally not anxious to guarantee him first team football, either....he's just in the squad for me.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

Nope.

but you have worded it, like a lawyer......There could be an inbetween view.

If a player, is good at some things but not others, you rate him accordingly.....that doesn't mean you don't rate him at all.

We finished 14th last season, not all down to him, but some of those players was responsible for that.....if we don't want it to happen again, changes need to be made.

The changes might be no better too, we have to hope they will be.....but staying with the same players is a gamble, I wouldn't make.

He has his skill set....but he is not hard to play against....that can be a problem on its own.

Am I anxious to get rid ?no......but I am equally not anxious to guarantee him first team football, either....he's just in the squad for me.

I cant decide from your answer if you actually dont rate him...

But if you think it would be a bad deal to sell him to Newcastle for his perceived current market value, then you must in fact rate him. Either as a better player than we have/ can get instead of him, or as a better player than Newcastle currently have...a team that finished above us.

For what's it's worth, I don't see why he'd go to Newcastle.  And I don't think they'll bid for him.  But surely if you think he's rubbish, you'd be happy to see him go there.

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

No, and again, we need to stop lumping it into a category of Luiz raters, and Luiz non raters.

There's been alot of reasonable explanations of what people think about Luiz in our system etc, favoured positions why it might not work etc etc 

I get the point you are trying to make though.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

No, and again, we need to stop lumping it into a category of Luiz raters, and Luiz non raters.

There's been alot of reasonable explanations of what people think about Luiz in our system etc, favoured positions why it might not work etc etc 

I get the point you are trying to make though.

There are definitely a few that think he's shit and has no place in our squad. I'm talking to those. Not the fence sitters or the people that think he's good. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I cant decide from your answer if you actually dont rate him...

But if you think it would be a bad deal to sell him to Newcastle for his perceived current market value, then you must in fact rate him. Either as a better player than we have/ can get instead of him, or as a better player than Newcastle currently have...a team that finished above us.

For what's it's worth, I don't see why he'd go to Newcastle.  And I don't think they'll bid for him.  But surely if you think he's rubbish, you'd be happy to see him go there.

Not sure if you read, what I said?.....or I didn't explain it very well.

I do rate him in some aspects of his game.....but not in other aspects.....hence he is not rounded enough for me...He has limitations in my eyes.

If we have aspirations of Europe, we need to be hard to play against, amongst other things like scoring naturally......I think Douglas Luiz in his present form, is too easy to play against, that is my main doubt, about him.

Would I have Conor Gallagher over him?......yes.

• Like 1

He is going to stay. The power of punani will make him stay. Trust me. He isnt going to run off to Newcastle with Alisha here in Brum.

I would be asking the question about what womens football is like in Italy, in particular Rome

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He is going to stay. The power of punani will make him stay. Trust me. He isnt going to run off to Newcastle with Alisha here in Brum.

I would be asking the question about what womens football is like in Italy, in particular Rome

Legit Googled this to find Newcastle Womens Football hotties as banter rebuttal to this.... Alisha came up first 🤔😮

Has she rigged the system? 😂

Screenshot_20220628-010420_Google-min.jpg

• Haha 4

Juventus are probably going to sign Zaniolo for €50m or so, and with Veretout also not in Mourinho’s plans, I can see the move for Dougie happening, now that they’ll have the funds for it. 

6 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Juventus are probably going to sign Zaniolo for €50m or so, and with Veretout also not in Mourinho’s plans, I can see the move for Dougie happening, now that they’ll have the funds for it. 

Bring him home? 👀

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Bring him home? 👀

I imagine his reaction would be something like this…

spacer.png

Don’t remind the poor guy of his time here…

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Legit Googled this to find Newcastle Womens Football hotties as banter rebuttal to this.... Alisha came up first 🤔😮

Has she rigged the system? 😂

Screenshot_20220628-010420_Google-min.jpg

Me thinks your previous search history has played a role here.

• Haha 3

Â