Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So the big question is, if chuck was left at home because he wouldnt sign, but luiz has gone out there...

Please 🙏 

Luiz offers a significant amount to the first team, and would still be in contention to play regularly even if he isn't going to extend his contract.

• Like 1

Just now, duke313 said:

Luiz offers a significant amount to the first team, and would still be in contention to play regularly even if he isn't going to extend his contract.

Im not sure about that. I think luiz wanted to see the ambitions of the club before  committing. Unless a club from a major club in europe comes in i have a feeling he might sign.

I think gerrard is  a stubborn guy. It would be sending mixed messages leaving chuck if luiz isnt planning to sign either.

I believe chucks probably made his intentions known he wont be signing a  new deal hence why he isnt there. I dont think luiz has done that hence why he is there

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So the big question is, if chuck was left at home because he wouldnt sign, but luiz has gone out there...

Please 🙏 

The main difference is that Luiz is an established premier league player who is good enough to play and arguably to start (as an 😎 regularly and if he gives his best I wouldn't have issues with him playing (Kessie left AC Milan on a free but was instrumental to them winning the league, for example).

Chuk has shown nothing, we have invested in him and he's given us sod all in return, as it stands he is nowhere near good enough to feature regularly for us, and his head appears to be just as inflated metaphorically as it does actually.

I would rather keep Luiz than McGinn. However, having both in the squad gives us more options.

I think it would be best if Sanson is sold, we get Luiz on a new deal, and McGinn is used more as an option for the CAM roles, similar to how he plays for Scotland.

We could then sign another CM and rotate the 2 CM positions with Ramsey, Luiz and the new signing. Plus have McGinn as an option as well.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I would rather keep Luiz than McGinn. However, having both in the squad gives us more options.

I think it would be best if Sanson is sold, we get Luiz on a new deal, and McGinn is used more as an option for the CAM roles, similar to how he plays for Scotland.

We could then sign another CM and rotate the 2 CM positions with Ramsey, Luiz and the new signing. Plus have McGinn as an option as well.

I reckon this is what will happen. 

23 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

He does appear to be getting a fair old bit of individual attention from the villa social media team.....

Does seem to be on it a fair bit.  Gives me a bit of hope he will sign a new deal and stay.  Maybe the influx of Brazilians has changed his mind?

• Like 1

The first season we came up McGinn signed a contract in June and it wasn't announced until the eve of the season or something. Club were holding back a bit of good news to lift spirits going into the season.

Possible they're doing it again. I'm not sure though. I'm fairly sure we'll be selling him.

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Im not sure about that. I think luiz wanted to see the ambitions of the club before  committing. Unless a club from a major club in europe comes in i have a feeling he might sign.

I think gerrard is  a stubborn guy. It would be sending mixed messages leaving chuck if luiz isnt planning to sign either.

I believe chucks probably made his intentions known he wont be signing a  new deal hence why he isnt there. I dont think luiz has done that hence why he is there

Different situations entirely. 

Luiz signed a contract and has given us a lot over the past however many years. Chuk is just coming through.

Older players will cycle through that is part of the game and Luiz seems to be quite professional about it. The Chuk situation seems to be unnecessary unless he is angling for a move or more cash which is his right to do - the club don't have to play that game though.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Grealish got hardly any attention last summer. It was one the biggest tells he was leaving. It’s fans that were in denial. 

We were hyping him up in the Euros big time on Twitter. He was in the damn kit launch and tagged in promotional tweets for it. 

Just now, The_Steve said:

We were hyping him up in the Euros big time on Twitter. He was in the damn kit launch and tagged in promotional tweets for it. 

I don’t think we planned on selling him and didn’t expect any club to meet the 100m clause. As soon as that happened there was no exposure at all and that was during the training camp in London. 

If Luiz was off they wouldn’t be focusing on him at all.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think we planned on selling him and didn’t expect any club to meet the 100m clause. As soon as that happened there was no exposure at all and that was during the training camp in London. 

If Luiz was off they wouldn’t be focusing on him at all.

I agree about Jack - but I don’t want to derail the thread 

I hope you’re right. I think it would be naive of the social media team otherwise and I’d like to think we are doing what we can behind the scenes with our messaging too. 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I agree about Jack - but I don’t want to derail the thread 

I hope you’re right. I think it would be naive of the social media team otherwise and I’d like to think we are doing what we can behind the scenes with our messaging too. 

Me too because I’ve been saying he is staying for months 😂 

I think they’ll announce it close to start of the season.   I also agree if he is leaving the social media team need a word.

38 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Me too because I’ve been saying he is staying for months 😂 

I think they’ll announce it close to start of the season.   I also agree if he is leaving the social media team need a word.

Do you really think the social media team are updated on contract negotiation situations? 

Luiz's contract situation is a complicated one. City hold a 20% sell on clause I believe, so I assume we are looking to get that removed from any renewal. This requires negotiation with City as well as Luiz and his Agent. It might be that signing a new contract with the 20% sell on clause isn't in our best interests and a sale this summer might be best. But then we are light at 8 and need a new signing. A new signing at 8 before Luiz extends his contract or is sold complicates matters too. 

It's a complicated situation this one. I get the feeling Luiz wants to stay with his girlfriend here and the big South American contingent. He looks settled

Â