Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Yeah I don't know hwta everyone is complaining about. Was clearly dead tired after playing 70 minutes of incredibly intense defending and reacted slow to a ball that he probably doesn't get to even if he reacts quickly. 

• Like 1

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Yeah I don't know hwta everyone is complaining about. Was clearly dead tired after playing 70 minutes of incredibly intense defending and reacted slow to a ball that he probably doesn't get to even if he reacts quickly. 

He literally stopped moving. That's not good enough by any metric.

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

He literally stopped moving. That's not good enough by any metric.

As did Cash for the 1st and 3rd and as did Buendia and I think McGinn for the 2nd.

He reacted slowly to ball and it cost us the game. It sucks but he'd been our best midfielder until that point. 

• Like 2

Just now, MotoMkali said:

As did Cash for the 1st and 3rd and as did Buendia and I think McGinn for the 2nd.

He reacted slowly to ball and it cost us the game. It sucks but he'd been our best midfielder until that point. 

I hate to single him out alone - Emi and Cash are to blame also. Just so tired of these stupid mistakes.

I get tiredness, mental fatigue etc after playing so long against a side like City, but for that third goal he was just standing still whilst the ball dropped a couple of yards away from him - it's just poor for an elite professional footballer regardless of circumstances. Won't be surprised if he leaves in the summer so a great final contribution to his time here - although I will admit he did well for our first goal

43 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

We overused him and McGinn again this year. You have to rotate players and give them a break or they lose their legs late in games.

• Like 4

Central midfield needs a serious upgrade in the summer. It’ll be a risk - going into a new season with a new central midfield engine - but we must take the risk. It is our soft underbelly for sure.

I like Dougie and think we might regret letting him go when we see another team giving him an extended run in a more advanced position. However, having said that, I won’t be averse to see him go in the summer.

Not good enough for the role we need him to fulfil atm. Ditto for Marv, I’m afraid. 

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

The 2nd was more down to typical villa defending.....drop deep and forget the edge of the box.

There were 6 villa players all behind the penalty spot when the shot came in from the edge.

Most of the goals we have conceded this year have looked like this.

Luiz is the deepest....crazy positioning 

Edited by Bazmonkey
Update
  • Like 2

Â