Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

31 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Assuming Gerrard does want him to sign a new contract, what do we think the issue is?

• wages?
  • guarantee of not being mis-used as a 6 going forward?
  • Asking if he would be in the first 11 going fwd? (as McGinn seems undroppable?, and the other 2 slots are almost certainly kamara & Ramsey)
  • wants to move to a "bigger" club?
  • a bit of everything?

Brazilians generally prefer Italian / Spanish clubs IMO

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Wouldn’t begrudge him a move there tbh, if we get a decent fee and buy Bissouma then it’s good business, if he stays and signs a new contract happy either way. 

• Like 2

happy to see him sold. just never warmed to the guy. i get he's not a #6, but i remain unconvinced he's a better #8 than what we already have. i'd play mcginn, JJ, or sanson over him and we can probably put kamara above him in the pecking order too

my biggest concern is that SG seems to rate him and also doesn't seem to see what we see when he plays him as a  #6 and as long as he's at the club we run the risk of Luiz playing in that role. i'd love it if roma come in with a nice tidy bid that takes the decision out of SG's hands

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

happy to see him sold. just never warmed to the guy. i get he's not a #6, but i remain unconvinced he's a better #8 than what we already have. i'd play mcginn, JJ, or sanson over him and we can probably put kamara above him in the pecking order too

my biggest concern is that SG seems to rate him and also doesn't seem to see what we see when he plays him as a  #6 and as long as he's at the club we run the risk of Luiz playing in that role. i'd love it if roma come in with a nice tidy bid that takes the decision out of SG's hands

I think his ball retention and ability to progress the ball forward is what his importance to Villa has been under Gerrard. 

He'll fit perfectly in Roma's system of 3 4 2 1 / 3 4 1 2

8 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Wouldn’t begrudge him a move there tbh, if we get a decent fee and buy Bissouma then it’s good business, if he stays and signs a new contract happy either way. 

Yeh I feel the same way.   I like him but he is also infuriating! Reckon he’d do well in Italy.

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

He can team up with Veretout and they can both moan about how they were misused when at Villa.

Tammy there as well, we are Romas feeder club

• Like 1

Always thought he would be a great player for us but Dougie has been yet another inconsistent player for us. It kills us in terms of putting a run together. And he literally can go from great to poor in the space of 3 days and then back again. It hasnt helped him constantly having to play at the base of midfield but whichever position he has played he has been inconsistent. Itsly will suit him. Slower and more technical. With his other midfielders giving more defensive support. Always looked great on the ball but just doesnt have the aggression or defensive mindset to play 6 in the long term. 

Kamara will show us what we expected Dougie to turn into i think. 

if we can get 30 mil for him then i reckon we should sell. He isnt a natural DM and Kamara will slot into that position. I would rather see Sanson in the position that Luiz plays and I think we can get someone that contributes a bit more numbers wise for our team in the squad. Luiz would do very well in Serie A with the style and pace of football there, I think the deal could suit all parties as he would be in with a shot of winning stuff at Roma too.

Don't think he is a bad player at all and would be happy for him to stay, but if everything lines up for all parties and everyone is happy with the transfer then this is probably one that has come at the right time to act upon

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

This one is happening isnt it . I can see him excelling there as well where the press isnt as intense 

I somewhat hope he does… I like the fella, I just don’t think he’s a good fit for us or the prem 

• Like 1

25m with one year left is a great deal. Im sorry to see him go but makes sense to cash in if he dint want to sign.

I think he will get better no question. Has massive potential in my opinion

• Like 2

Â