Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I have empathy with that.....I hope he stays.

The contrast in him playing the 2 roles is stark....I am staggered it has happened, but I think SG sees it clearly.

Not clearly enough perhaps.

He moved him, our best player on the night, to 6 last night and we conceded immediately. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Keita getting the Bruno Fernandes treatment.

spacer.png

The amazing thing about this is that Keita started his rake from the second hoop up on Dougie’s sock there. WTF was the VAR bastard doing if Moss didn’t see it. We need to complain.

• Like 2

He has been tagged as a DM ever since Tito the Brazilian coach bigged him up in that position and so did Pep . 

And to be fair he did pretty well as a 21 year old in his first season post lockdown . 

But its not really him is it. He has such lovely technical ability and seems to love getting forward more. 

Unfortunately he is going to be moving on. There have been no hints that he will sign with us and changed his agent to the same as Coutinho with i guess the reason being to get him a move to the continent.  I do not blame him as he is potentially top top quality. I can see the Roma rumour coming true for about £25 mill.  Its never really gone away .  And i can see him being a big success there with a more technical slower game .  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

The amazing thing about this is that Keita started his rake from the second hoop up on Dougie’s sock there. WTF was the VAR bastard doing if Moss didn’t see it. We need to complain.

The problem is

PGMOL are all cucking funts.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

In an ideal world we'd have him and Ramsay in midfield. A mixture or energy goals and silky class on the ball. With a top DM minded midfielder behind him.

I would have love to have seen that for a run of games.

We'll lose him, watch McGinn get a new four year deal and continue not to keep the ball and have a midfielder that is an absolutely liability 

Fingers crossed he signs a new deal, maybe Coutinho signing will convince him and guarantees he'll be played in his preferred position.  

I hope that his contract extension will be the next announcement. The social media team have been instructed to go on the charm offensive with him anyway. He's been featured in twitter posts in the last two days.

Also, didn't realise that he made his 100th PL appearance on Tuesday.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

Will have to see if the permanent signing of Coutinho, the (I presume) promise of a dedicated CDM signing, and the potential to be involved in a midfield 3 behind Coutinho and Buendia is enough to make him stay.

I think football reasons are the only thing stopping him from signing.  He could get as much money off us as any other club is willing to give him,  he has a relationship with one of our female football team and seems happy in the area,  so we just need to play him in the right position and persuade him that is where we want him to play.

Playing behind a potential Brazilian teammate could do wonders for his international aspirations too.

• Like 1

If he does stay, and we finally get the DM role addressed, competition for the 8 role will be heating up nicely, if that's where Chuk is going to be playing long term as well.

I think Luiz knows if he stays he'll play less football. Ramsey and McGinn will be very hard to displace and Carney will be getting mins off the bench in most games. As talented as Luiz is, it just makes sense to sell him this window for both him and the club. He'll surely want 100k a week to sign a new deal. I think Ings, Digne, Martinez and Coutinho are the only ones on 100k+. I think McGinn and Watkins will be offered 5 year contracts on 100k too. 

I think if Gerrard wants to sign a new 8 it'll be someone experienced who is happy to be part of the project and not need to play week in week out. I think for Luiz and Villa a parting of ways makes most sense this window. 

During first lockdown he was probably our best player

Since then he has been average for me.He not a quality defensive midfielder that is certain.

He is skilful but how often does he make decisive passes?For all Mcginns faults he is often creating things.

As for set pieces,why is he taking free kicks and corners?Has he ever scored from a free kick or got an assist from a set piece?
He might flourish in a different team where he has less defensive responsibility.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KAZZAM said:

I would love to see our midfield next season look something like. 

Douglas Luiz - - Kamara - - Bissouma

With Ramsey rotating in. 

Ramsey is better than them. Has to start 90% of games next season

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

With Ramsey rotating in. 

Ramsey is already better than all those players

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Ramsey is already better than all those players

But he ain't really defensively. And that's how the top teams play there midfield. Midfielders must be sound defensively first and then be able to comfortably transition into attack. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

With Ramsey rotating in. 

Ramsey starts ahead of DL in that three for me. 

He also provides the attacking balance. 

Â