Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

He's developed so much over the last few years. He's wasted sitting in our own half. A proper box to box midfielder. As mentioned elsewhere. He and Buendia will link up well if Dougie is permitted to roam further forward. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

He's developed so much over the last few years. He's wasted sitting in our own half. A proper box to box midfielder. As mentioned elsewhere. He and Buendia will link up well if Dougie is permitted to roam further forward. 

When he first came, he showed so much quality (the assist against Brighton away 😍) I thought he was a definite number 8. Then post lockdown Smith had him in front of the back four and he was unreal for the run-in.

However seeing him as a box to boxer tonight, you're spot on, he's not consistent enough in the DM role for me, and has so much ability, we need to let him go and show it, with Marvelous sitting.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Another player that hasn't been used right, he's always looked so good going forward, but never had the licence to under Smith

Many of us have suggested for a long time that he would be more suited playing further up the pitch.

7 hours ago, Tom13 said:

However seeing him as a box to boxer tonight, you're spot on, he's not consistent enough in the DM role for me, and has so much ability, we need to let him go and show it, with Marvelous sitting.

Probably Luiz, Mcginn and Nakamba are the first choices on form... Just. 

On 02/12/2021 at 02:29, hippo said:

Total monster - beyond me how this guy has detractors 

Nah, it's more beyond me how people can't see that he is much better playing FURTHER FORWARD. Is it a coincidence that his best performances come from there?

The " detractors " have never said he isn't a good player, they've only argued that he ain't a bloody effective DM ( Modern or Prehistoric ) in the Premier League, against most opposition, or in a certain system!

He's a playmaker, an actual effective DM in the team, sees him thrive, as he has more freedom to showcase his best attributes.

He might be able to play as a DM, but it certainly isn't his best position. IMO of course, but evidence based.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Â