Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

have some of us forgotten that Luiz is a 23 yrs old Brazilian international that Manchester City were interested in? he is already a quality player that hasn't even entered his prime yet. he will learn so much from Gerrard and his team imo so I think he's more than happy here and I think he will only keep improving. in no way should we be thinking about moving him on unless we get a stupid offer imo.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Seems to be the only one not following the new Bodymoor Insta account yet.

He's off lads.

#RidiculousAssumptions

off topic but nor are martinez or bailey just as a quick glance. i love the idea but not much point of it if not everyone is on it!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

off topic but nor are martinez or bailey just as a quick glance. i love the idea but not much point of it if not everyone is on it!

Unless they have personal 'friends and family' accounts they're following from. Just thought that could be a possibility.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

have some of us forgotten that Luiz is a 23 yrs old Brazilian international that Manchester City were interested in? he is already a quality player that hasn't even entered his prime yet. he will learn so much from Gerrard and his team imo so I think he's more than happy here and I think he will only keep improving. in no way should we be thinking about moving him on unless we get a stupid offer imo.

Yeh, I'm kind of with you on this tbh. I wouldn't lose any sleep if he did leave for decent money but we've put 2.5 years into him and it would be a little daft to let him go as he starts to enter his prime years. He should continue to improve. 

I do think there is something in the links though, it wouldn't surprise me if he left. 

23 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh, I'm kind of with you on this tbh. I wouldn't lose any sleep if he did leave for decent money but we've put 2.5 years into him and it would be a little daft to let him go as he starts to enter his prime years. He should continue to improve. 

I do think there is something in the links though, it wouldn't surprise me if he left. 

Which links mate? I haven’t seen anything credible.

59 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I think the concern by some (unfounded in my opinion) is that he won’t sign a new contract. If that’s the case do we try to make some money on him or let him leave on a free ?

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Which links mate? I haven’t seen anything credible.

italian media say he rejected a contract in the summer and wants to move to roma.

tier 4 levels of credibility at best

• Thanks 1

Mentioned in the Guardian's weekend preview as both a key player and also maybe leaving to go to Roma:

'7) Returning Douglas Luiz can show value to Villa

Aston Villa fans were understandably pleased to see pictures of Douglas Luiz back in training on Tuesday after a three-match absence with a hamstring injury, but will have been less impressed by Wednesday’s speculation that the Brazilian defensive midfielder and his representatives are angling for a move to Roma in January. Should Douglas Luiz return to action in the holding role at which he excels this weekend, Marvelous Nakamba looks likely to make way. And should Douglas Luiz agitate for a move to Serie A during the next transfer window he will be sorely missed at Villa Park. BG'

from: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/nov/26/premier-league-10-things-to-look-out-for-this-weekend

No particular reason to think Barry Glendenning knows anything special is there?

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Mentioned in the Guardian's weekend preview as both a key player and also maybe leaving to go to Roma:

Aston Villa fans were understandably pleased to see pictures of Douglas Luiz back in training on Tuesday after a three-match absence with a hamstring injury, but will have been less impressed by Wednesday’s speculation that the Brazilian defensive midfielder and his representatives are angling for a move to Roma in January. Should Douglas Luiz return to action in the holding role at which he excels this weekend, Marvelous Nakamba looks likely to make way. And should Douglas Luiz agitate for a move to Serie A during the next transfer window he will be sorely missed at Villa Park. BG'

from: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/nov/26/premier-league-10-things-to-look-out-for-this-weekend

No particular reason to think Barry Glendenning knows anything special is there?

well, regardless of whether he knows anything or not, Luiz has 18 months left on his contract, i would assume if the summer comes and he hasnt signed a new contract we will look to offload him?

Seems a bit strange that he hasnt signed a new contract yet (either he doesnt want to yet, or we havent offered - dunno), but i cant see us letting him run his contract down without trying to offload him first, if that is the case.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think the concern by some (unfounded in my opinion) is that he won’t sign a new contract. If that’s the case do we try to make some money on him or let him leave on a free ?

I'm not sure where this notion is coming from tbh. 

50 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well 18 months are left now and I haven't seen any press reports we're in advanced negotiations with him to extend the deal yet. Obviously if he's dating a player from our ladies team that suggests he'll hang around for a while yet rather than uprooting, we'll see.

Letting him go on a free won't be option at all. Would just have to sell him in the summer if he dosen't want to sign another deal.

Roma is an interesting one. Mourinho while he's there knows him from prem, they were very close to signing Xhaka in summer for about 25m so looking at that type of midfielder and Veretout has done well there so yes that's the sort of club I could see him playing for. Despite them being mediocre currently they're still better than us so he'd be tempted I suspect.

He hasn't been in last few Brazil squads aswell so might feel it's time to test himself in euro competition to improve that.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

If you've ever listened to him on Talksport on a Sunday morning he's generally clueless on football.

Claims to support Sunderland but yet had no idea what division Gillingham were in. They drew 1-1 with Sunderland a week earlier in league one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If you've ever listened to him on Talksport on a Sunday morning he's generally clueless on football.

Claims to support Sunderland but yet had no idea what division Gillingham were in. They drew 1-1 with Sunderland a week earlier in league one!

I haven't heard him in that venue but I did used to listen to the Guardian podcast when James Richardson hosted it, and he never struck me as particularly insightful then either.

• Like 1

Â