Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Not sure how much it's been mentioned in this thread but there has been a bunch of foreign players and managers who have spoken about how the isolation due to Covid effected them last season. Most notably perhaps Nuno Espirito Santo who apparently came close to quitting Wolves during the season due to it.

Not a huge leap to assume that young guys like Luiz and a bunch of our other players might struggle with having their family halfway across the world and not being able to visit them. And with the state of Brazil and their Trump-light moron in charge I'd imagine it was even worse. Would be pretty amazing if stuff like that didn't effect them.

No idea about Luiz family situation apart from his father apparently being known for always sporting a mustache :D but from what I can find they are living in Brazil.

Edited by sne
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, sne said:

Not sure how much it's been mentioned in this thread but there has been a bunch of non foreign players and managers who have spoken about how the isolation due to Covid effected them last season. Most notably perhaps Nuno Espirito Santo who apparently came close to quitting Wolves during the season due to it.

Not a huge leap to assume that young guys like Luiz and a bunch of our other players might struggle with having their family halfway across the world and not being able to visit them. And with the state of Brazil and their Trump-light moron in charge I'd imagine it was even worse. Would be pretty amazing if stuff like that didn't effect them.

No idea about Luiz family situation apart from his father apparently being known for always sporting a mustache :D but from what I can find they are living in Brazil.

From what I gather from his social media, he lives with a lot of his family. Quite often having pictures with his brother 

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

From what I gather from his social media, he lives with a lot of his family. Quite often having pictures with his brother 

Nice!

I don't really do social media and don't follow anyone on anything so only looked at his insta just now and there is only the odd picture that's not of himself. Is a picture with him mom from Brazil that's from April 2020 and another two with some friends who might be family.

Didn't he live in a hotel up until not long ago?

1 minute ago, sne said:

Nice!

I don't really do social media and don't follow anyone on anything so only looked at his insta just now and there is only the odd picture that's not of himself. Is a picture with him mom from Brazil that's from April 2020 and another two with some friends who might be family.

I believe he was in some swanky penthouse flat in the city centre for the first year, looks like he has a house now 

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Kinda hope he doesn't tbh :unsure:

I know, there's very few players that don't get torn to shreds on here. FWIW I think Luiz is a valuable and under rated part of our team, and I'm not just saying that on the assumption he may be reading this.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I do wonder how many players have a browse and see what we're saying about them. Definitely not a good idea :D 

I genuinely think so many of our fans underestimate how much their comments are read by either the players or the people close to them.

It doesn’t matter how much you’re told by senior players and staff to ignore it. Imagine if you knew there was a thread about you on a forum somewhere, where everyone went through your strengths and weaknesses as a person… would you have the self-control to never look at it?

So, especially with the young kids coming through, who really are still finding their way in the world… try and be nice about your own players. Until they snake us all, then do your worst.

FWIW I think when Luiz has felt the love here, like when he jumped into the Holte End, he has repaid us with some great performances. I hope this will be a big season for him.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sne said:

Nice!

I believe he accidently dismantled the trouser press.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, sne said:

Not sure how much it's been mentioned in this thread but there has been a bunch of foreign players and managers who have spoken about how the isolation due to Covid effected them last season. Most notably perhaps Nuno Espirito Santo who apparently came close to quitting Wolves during the season due to it.

Can't help that he doesn't speak much English. And now his buddy Wesley is gone. I'd imagine the salary he earns helps soften the edges though.

19 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I genuinely think so many of our fans underestimate how much their comments are read by either the players or the people close to them.

It doesn’t matter how much you’re told by senior players and staff to ignore it. Imagine if you knew there was a thread about you on a forum somewhere, where everyone went through your strengths and weaknesses as a person… would you have the self-control to never look at it?

So, especially with the young kids coming through, who really are still finding their way in the world… try and be nice about your own players. Until they snake us all, then do your worst.

FWIW I think when Luiz has felt the love here, like when he jumped into the Holte End, he has repaid us with some great performances. I hope this will be a big season for him.

i doubt many would. put it this way, if there was a forum out there with hundreds of people who had never done my job, talking about how good a job i was doing, would i care what they thought? genuinely don't think i would read it because i really couldn't give a monkeys

26 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

In general I prefer to be quick to praise rather than criticize

If the criticism/observation is constructive, it's an opportunity to learn....praising is good and is confidence building, but holds little value otherwise to a developing player...its cosmetic.

some players who have a burning desire to improve are all ears to know how to do that.

However, I do accept that listening to the likes of us, might be a bit ambitious in our thinking.

I accept some criticism is just down right destructive, but finding the balance is key.

blowing bubbles up a players arse is not much use to him, if he is of an aspiring nature.

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I've not seen anything other than constructive criticism on here.

Not sure what you are referring to when saying "I hope he doesn't read the comments" 

I must be honest....I don't go on other sites....but I agree, most of the criticism is constructive, on here.

and personally, I see no harm in counter comments promoting their view, I love positive views, providing they have foundation and substance......when the "idiot"...."clueless"....."moaner" lines get rolled out, the debate is lost.

I do tend to struggle with the " look where we have come from" when talking about a single game....who said " look where we have come from " when we dismantled Liverpool and Arsenal or spurs and chelsea.

you might get the odd one, which is just a rant.

For me, if someone just praises all the time or just criticises too.....I think the balance gets lost....if someone keeps stum, when its time to praise or keeps stum when its time to point out a few home truths, it is equally an imbalance.

23 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Probably referring to any of your hogwash I imagine.

You mean my comments about moving him further up the pitch? 

Considering his idol growing up was Ronaldinho I'm sure he wouldn't mind that! 

Edited by villalad21

Â